Xuanwu Lake, Nanjing
About Xuanwu Lake, Nanjing
Xuanwu Lake, Nanjing - Address, Phone Number
Address: No.1 Xuanwu Road, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210042, Jiangsu, China
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 2.1K times in trip plans
Play Ground, Walking Area, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Lake, Boating
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Situated at the foot of Mt. Zhongshan, it is one of the most famous and protected lakes in Nanjing. The lake gained the name ‘Xuanwu’ because a black dragon was said to live in the lake.
The entry to the lake is the historic Xuanwu Gate, part of the Nanjing City wall. Once inside, you will see that the lake is divided into five inter-connected islands. Highlights include:
- Paddle boating
- Fireworks (during the Chinese New Year)
- Lake God Temple, Wenji Pavilion, Peony Garden and Bonsai Museum
- An extensive bird sanctuary.
- An entertainment band stand.
- A playground for children.
The park delightfully showcases a distinctive colour every season. It is truly a breather from city life.
Xuanwu Lake Ticket Prices
- Costs 20 RMB to walk along the City Wall and to enter the Inner Isles.
- Round the lake sightseeing bus is RMB 30, per person.
- Rent a boat for 60-80 RMB.
How To reach Xuanwu Lake by Public Transport
- Buses 1, 25, 28, 30, 33, 35, 801, 802 or Tourism Bus 1 toXuanwumen station.
- Subway Line 1 to Xuanwumen station.
Restaurants Near Xuanwu Lake
- Hunan Lu (renowned food street)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Xuanwu Lake, Nanjing Reviews - Write a Review
Went with my girlfriend today and spent a few hours there. We took a little tour bus for ¥30 each and it lasted about 20-30min I think. They stopped twice for us to get out and the 2nd time was when the tour was over. We walked around the gardens and island all the way to where there was a pagoda. They have boat rides which were too much money and you have to pay to go on the wall which we weren't gonna pay for. Plenty of little souvenir stands and places to eat and drink.
good view and it's Free.
- Nearby Attractions
- Wuyi Alley
- Yihe Road Residence Area
- Yuejiang Tower
- Jiangjun Mountain
- Xiuqiu Park
- Drum Tower
- Lingyan Temple
- Qingliangshan Park
- Zhongshan College
- Jiuhuashan Park
- Nanjing Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nanjing
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nanjing
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nanjing
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nanjing
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nanjing
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nanjing