Xuanwu Lake, NanjingCurrently Open
- Address: No.1 Xuanwu Road, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210042, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2583614286
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Play Ground, Walking Area, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Lake, Boating
About Xuanwu Lake, Nanjing
Situated at the foot of Mt. Zhongshan, it is one of the most famous and protected lakes in Nanjing. The lake gained the name ‘Xuanwu’ because a black dragon was said to live in the lake.
The entry to the lake is the historic Xuanwu Gate, part of the Nanjing City wall. Once inside, you will see that the lake is divided into five inter-connected islands. Highlights include:
- Paddle boating
- Fireworks (during the Chinese New Year)
- Lake God Temple, Wenji Pavilion, Peony Garden and Bonsai Museum
- An extensive bird sanctuary.
- An entertainment band stand.
- A playground for children.
The park delightfully showcases a distinctive colour every season. It is truly a breather from city life.
Xuanwu Lake Ticket Prices
- Costs 20 RMB to walk along the City Wall and to enter the Inner Isles.
- Round the lake sightseeing bus is RMB 30, per person.
- Rent a boat for 60-80 RMB.
How To reach Xuanwu Lake by Public Transport
- Buses 1, 25, 28, 30, 33, 35, 801, 802 or Tourism Bus 1 toXuanwumen station.
- Subway Line 1 to Xuanwumen station.
Restaurants Near Xuanwu Lake
- Hunan Lu (renowned food street)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
Xuanwu Lake, Nanjing Reviews
Best place near lake...enjoy kite festival here...view sunset fabulous feeling with nature
Went with my girlfriend today and spent a few hours there. We took a little tour bus for ¥30 each and it lasted about 20-30min I think. They stopped twice for us to get out and the 2nd time was when the tour was over. We walked around the gardens and island all the way to where there was a pagoda. They have boat rides which were too much money and you have to pay to go on the wall which we weren't gonna pay for. Plenty of little souvenir stands and places to eat and drink.
Windy and nice
good view and it's Free.