Zijinshan ObservatoryCurrently Open
- Address: Mt. Zijin, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210018, Jiangsu, China
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +86-2584347519
- Ticket Price: 15 CNY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Observatory, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Located in the Purple Mountain Scenic Area, this observatory symbolizes the start of modern Chinese astronomy.
Most of the instruments that are on display are unique to the Chinese whereas some were made in Germany and Switzerland. The observatory is also famous for its architecture and abundant library.
The Nanjing Astronomy and History Museum is within the observatory itself and displays full and accurate data and pictures, regarding its achievements and growth.
Zijinshan Observatory Travel Tips
- Take the ropeway to the observatory and, later, carry onto the main peak of Purple Mountain.
Entrance Ticket Details For Zijinshan Observatory
- Single trip for travelling by ropeway- RMB 60
- Round trip for travelling by ropeway- RMB 80
How to Reach Zijinshan Observatory
- Tourism Bus 3 or buses 20 and 315 to Zijinshansuodao station.
- Renowned Hotel
- Residence Of Lake Biwa
- Jinling Star Hotel Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nanjing before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nanjing and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.09% of people who visit Nanjing include Zijinshan Observatory in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
87.5% of people start their Zijinshan Observatory visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Zijinshan Observatory
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zijinshan Observatory