Nestled on the river Loire (longest river and last wild river in Europe) estuary, Nantes is always considered as the nicest cities of France. Presently, the city is renowned as lively and innovative city. A closer look into the city highlights the fact that Nantes maintains a remarkable balance between its rich heritage and innovations, economy and culture. With the river Loire playing as a perfect backdrop for cultural activities of the city, Nantes is a perfect welcome for travelers who come to visit France.
According to the history, Nantes was once the house to the Duke of Brittany. You can make this out from the historical monuments and museums, still preserved by the city. On the other hand, a journey to the island of Nantes can show how much science has developed. A tour to Les Machines de I'lle de Nantes gives you a journey to the world of imagination. Apart from science, maritime industry of Nantes is something you cannot be ignorant about. Its prominent example is La Maille-Breze (a floating marine museum).
Apart from the tourist sites, Nantes knows how to please its visitors. With the specialty in seafood, Loire valley wines, Nantes cake, age old sailors had been able to infuse the flavors of Nantes with other flavors from all around the world. Trying any of the restaurants of Nantes will offer you the opportunity to sample the strong culinary wealth of Nantes.
Essential travel information and Nantes tips for your visit
- If you are fond of travelling in off seasons, December to March can be considered as an ideal time to avoid crowd in Nantes. However, you need to carry heavy coats and umbrella for self protection.
- To know about the train tickets from and to Nantes, get in touch with SNCF ticket office, located at the centre of the city.
- Bus or tram tickets to move around the city will cost you around 1.50€ and can be individually bought from bus drivers (for bus) and at the tram-stop ticket machines. These tickets are valid for one hour after being stamped.
- A ticket journalier, costs around 4.60€, are valid for 24 hours. Make sure you stamp it when you use it for the first time.
- Bikes can be rented and you can get it free at first 30 minutes after renting it. However, you need to deposit 150€ in advance (in case of any damage to the bike).
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Nantes
Nantes City Pass
3 Days5 Reviews
Save 8%Segway: "Inside the Historical Center of Nantes" - city tour Nantes - 1H00New on TripHobo
Save 5%Mobile Wifi Everywhere in NantesNew on TripHobo
Je désirerais avoir des info sur le musée Jules Verne. MerciAnswer Report Abuse