Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul478 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 7 Impasse Saint-Laurent, 44000 Nantes, France
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-240478464
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
It is a Gothic Roman cathedral, and considered as one of the last French Gothic Cathedral that exists till date. So, it is one of the important tourist attractions of Nantes which you cannot give a miss. According to the history, it took around 457 years to complete the construction of this cathedral. You can make out from the exterior and interior look of the cathedral that how much pain had been taken to built such a great cathedral.
Things to see: Flamboyant Gothic Cathedrale St-Pierre et St-Paul, the tomb of Francois II (r 1458 – 88), Duke of Brittany and of his second wife, Marguerite de Foix, are an eternal example of Renaissance art, kept within the Cathedral.
Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul Travel Tips
- Mass is not held on Sundays.
- The Cathedral is open everyday.
- Be decently dressed when you visit the cathedral.
- Morning hours are best to visit the cathedral.
Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul Hours
Crypts opening hours:
- In summer: 3pm – 6pm (Tuesday to Sunday).On Saturday – 10am – 12:30pm and 3pm – 6pm
- In winter: 3pm – 6pm (Sunday).On Saturday – 10am – 12:30pm and 3pm – 6pm
Office in the Cathedral:
- Sundays and holidays – Mass at 10am and 7pm
- 3pm – 4pm(Friday) and 3pm – 5pm (Saturday)
Weekdays at Chapelle Saint Clair:
- Office of Lauds: 9am
- Mass: 9:30am
- Mass: 7pm
How to Reach Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul
- Nearby tram station: Duchesse Anne –Chateau des Duc de Bretagne, Line 1. From here, it will take around 3 minutes by car to reach the cathedral.
- Gigg’s Irish Pub
- La Ciboulette
- Nota Bene
- Mamie Pat
- les petits saints
- La coquille d'oeuf
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nantes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nantes and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.21% of people who visit Nantes include Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
34.43% of people start their Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul
55.45% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul