Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul, Nantes
About Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul, Nantes
Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul, Nantes - Address, Phone Number
Address: Place Saint-Pierre, 44000 Nantes, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 3.7K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Religious Site, Outdoors, Historical Site, Monument, Tourist Center, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
It is a Gothic Roman cathedral, and considered as one of the last French Gothic Cathedral that exists till date. So, it is one of the important tourist attractions of Nantes which you cannot give a miss. According to the history, it took around 457 years to complete the construction of this cathedral. You can make out from the exterior and interior look of the cathedral that how much pain had been taken to built such a great cathedral.
Things to see: Flamboyant Gothic Cathedrale St-Pierre et St-Paul, the tomb of Francois II (r 1458 – 88), Duke of Brittany and of his second wife, Marguerite de Foix, are an eternal example of Renaissance art, kept within the Cathedral.
Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul Information
- Mass is not held on Sundays.
- The Cathedral is open everyday.
- Be decently dressed when you visit the cathedral.
- Morning hours are best to visit the cathedral.
Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul Opening and Closing Hours
Crypts opening hours:
- In summer: 3pm – 6pm (Tuesday to Sunday).On Saturday – 10am – 12:30pm and 3pm – 6pm
- In winter: 3pm – 6pm (Sunday).On Saturday – 10am – 12:30pm and 3pm – 6pm
Office in the Cathedral:
- Sundays and holidays – Mass at 10am and 7pm
- 3pm – 4pm(Friday) and 3pm – 5pm (Saturday)
Weekdays at Chapelle Saint Clair:
- Office of Lauds: 9am
- Mass: 9:30am
- Mass: 7pm
How To reach Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul by Public Transport
- Nearby tram station: Duchesse Anne –Chateau des Duc de Bretagne, Line 1. From here, it will take around 3 minutes by car to reach the cathedral.
Restaurants Near Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul
- Gigg’s Irish Pub
- La Ciboulette
- Nota Bene
- Mamie Pat
- les petits saints
- La coquille d'oeuf
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nantes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nantes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul, Nantes Reviews - Write a Review
This is such an amazing spa! Thank you to Jose who was an incredible guide! :)
A beautiful cathedral located near the heart of the city. There were only a few people when I visited, so it was also very tranquil and meditative. Definitely worth a visit.
beautiful Gothic cathedral which is worthwhile seeing if you're in Nantes. Lovely stained glass and sculpture.
Very solemn architecture, magnificent both from the outside and the inside. Inside there are some interesting tombs and amazing stained glass windows.
Magnificent cathedral with lovely stained glass windows.
- Nearby Attractions
- Basilique Saint-donatien Et Saint-rogatien
- Planetarium Of Nantes
- Jardin Des Plantes
- La Folle Journée
- Cure Saint Clement
- Musée Dobrée
- Restaurants Du Coeur Association
- Lefeuvre Immobilier
- Le Concorde
- Cinema Bonne Garde
- Nantes Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nantes
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nantes
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nantes
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nantes
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nantes
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nantes