Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paulCurrently Closed
- Address: Place Saint-Pierre, 44000 Nantes, France
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-240478464
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Outdoors, Historical Site, Monument, Tourist Center, Architecture , Cathedral
It is a Gothic Roman cathedral, and considered as one of the last French Gothic Cathedral that exists till date. So, it is one of the important tourist attractions of Nantes which you cannot give a miss. According to the history, it took around 457 years to complete the construction of this cathedral. You can make out from the exterior and interior look of the cathedral that how much pain had been taken to built such a great cathedral.
Things to see: Flamboyant Gothic Cathedrale St-Pierre et St-Paul, the tomb of Francois II (r 1458 – 88), Duke of Brittany and of his second wife, Marguerite de Foix, are an eternal example of Renaissance art, kept within the Cathedral.
- Mass is not held on Sundays.
- The Cathedral is open everyday.
- Be decently dressed when you visit the cathedral.
- Morning hours are best to visit the cathedral.
Crypts opening hours:
- In summer: 3pm – 6pm (Tuesday to Sunday).On Saturday – 10am – 12:30pm and 3pm – 6pm
- In winter: 3pm – 6pm (Sunday).On Saturday – 10am – 12:30pm and 3pm – 6pm
Office in the Cathedral:
- Sundays and holidays – Mass at 10am and 7pm
- 3pm – 4pm(Friday) and 3pm – 5pm (Saturday)
Weekdays at Chapelle Saint Clair:
- Office of Lauds: 9am
- Mass: 9:30am
- Mass: 7pm
- Nearby tram station: Duchesse Anne –Chateau des Duc de Bretagne, Line 1. From here, it will take around 3 minutes by car to reach the cathedral.
- Gigg’s Irish Pub
- La Ciboulette
- Nota Bene
- Mamie Pat
- les petits saints
- La coquille d'oeuf
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nantes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nantes and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Nantes include Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
34.43% of people start their Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul
55.45% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedrale De Saint-pierre Et Saint-paul
Beautiful Gothic cathedral with interesting architecture and lovely stained glass windows, just few minutes walk from the city centre There were few persons visiting it when I was expecting crowds, maybe I was just lucky. It worths the visit, no question about it.
I visited many cathedrals, and let's admit, they all look a bit the same. Nantes' differentiates itself with the artwork and sculptures found inside the cathedral. It showcases centuries-old tombstones as well as young and fresher paintings. If you like religious artwork, do not hesitate to visit!
Beautiful architecture and area in the middle of Nantes, 5 min walk from city centre
Very calming and peaceful definitely a place o visit.
Worth the visit for the amazing tomb of Duchess Anne's parents.