How to Reach Nantes, France
The Easiest Way to Reach Nantes
- By Air: The international airport, Nantes-Atlantique is located in the southern part of the city. Flights from Paris, Lyon, and other French cities land on this airport. If you wish to come by air from Bristol and London, flights (operating primarily between April and September) connecting to Nantes are available. Cheap flights via Southampton Airport are also available.
- By Train: Regular trains running from Paristo Nantes are available, throughout the day. The journey takes around 2 hours. Two other direct trains from Nantes to Charles de Gaulle and to Lille (stopping at Disneyland Resort Paris) are also available.
- By Boat: River Ferries (Navibus) are frequent. To know more about the ticket and ferry schedule, visit the official website.
- By taxi: If you wish to travel to Nantes by taxi, check the websites offering cars on hire.
- By bus: TAN public transport system connects Nantes by bus with nearby burgs. Lila system offers buses for regional areas.
- By Tram: The TAN (Transports de l’Agglomération Nantaise) network offers 3 tram lines that intersects at the Gare Centrale (Commerce), the main bus/tram point.
- By Bus: City buses runs from 6:45am to 10pm. Night bus services continue till 12:30am.
- By Bikes: Nantes is a bike-friendly city with number of bicycle lanes along the major city roads. Bikes can be rented from Nantes Metropole at one of 8 parking lots around the city. Bike rental services costs you around 1€ for 2 hours, 4€ for a day, 10€ for a week and 25€ for a month.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Nantes and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Nantes
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nantes. The most preferred mode of transport in Nantes is Walking.
Average distance: 7.4 km Average time: 21.25 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 13.33 min Bus 1.67 min Waiting 1.67 min Overall average time for 1.67 kms 16.67 min
Bike 22.22%Bike 15 min Walking 2.5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 17.5 min
Car 33.33%Driving 28.33 min Overall average time for 15.4 kms 28.33 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Nantes
- How to reach Angers
- How to reach Rennes
- How to reach Vannes
- How to reach Dinan
- How to reach Lorient
- How to reach Le Mans
- How to reach Saint-ganton
- How to reach Monterrein
- How to reach Brain-sur-l'authion
- How to Reach Top Cities in France
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Tours
- How to reach Reims
- How to reach Carcassonne
- How to reach Menton
- How to reach Toulon
- How to reach Salles-sur-garonne
- How to reach Longages
- How to reach Saint-paul-en-cornillon
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Carosino
- How to reach Obernhof
- How to reach Rekem