How to Reach Nantes
- By Air: The international airport, Nantes-Atlantique is located in the southern part of the city. Flights from Paris, Lyon, and other French cities land on this airport. If you wish to come by air from Bristol and London, flights (operating primarily between April and September) connecting to Nantes are available. Cheap flights via Southampton Airport are also available.
- By Train: Regular trains running from Paristo Nantes are available, throughout the day. The journey takes around 2 hours. Two other direct trains from Nantes to Charles de Gaulle and to Lille (stopping at Disneyland Resort Paris) are also available.
- By Boat: River Ferries (Navibus) are frequent. To know more about the ticket and ferry schedule, visit the official website.
- By taxi: If you wish to travel to Nantes by taxi, check the websites offering cars on hire.
- By bus: TAN public transport system connects Nantes by bus with nearby burgs. Lila system offers buses for regional areas.
- By Tram: The TAN (Transports de l’Agglomération Nantaise) network offers 3 tram lines that intersects at the Gare Centrale (Commerce), the main bus/tram point.
- By Bus: City buses runs from 6:45am to 10pm. Night bus services continue till 12:30am.
- By Bikes: Nantes is a bike-friendly city with number of bicycle lanes along the major city roads. Bikes can be rented from Nantes Metropole at one of 8 parking lots around the city. Bike rental services costs you around 1€ for 2 hours, 4€ for a day, 10€ for a week and 25€ for a month.