Jardin Des Plantes469 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rue Stanislas Baudry, 44000 Nantes, France
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:45 pm Details
- Phone: +33-240419000
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
It is a municipal botanical garden, built in the middle of 18th century. According to history, this garden is said to be the earliest botanical garden of the city. Taking a tour within the garden will let you meet with 11,000 species planted within a web of ponds, paths and waterways, decorated with artificial mountains, statues and fountains. Don’t miss out the Greenhouse within the park that holds exclusive collection of epiphytes, like orchids.
For refreshment, move on to the top end of the garden, where Café de l’Orangery is located. It opens at midday for everyday and by the afternoon, it turns into an ice-cream parlor and tea-room parlor.
Jardin Des Plantes Travel Tips
- For group visits, you need to make reservation beforehand.
- The garden has a gift shop where a souvenir gift plant is given on every purchase made from the shop.
- The Greenhouse are not wheelchair accessible.
- To enter the Greenhouse, you need to buy a ticket of minimum charge.
- Adapted toilets are available.
- Accessible park but the slope requires some visitors to cross from top to bottom: from the Place Sophie Trebuchet towards the railway station.
- Cafe de l’Orangery opens for lunch from Monday to Friday. It turns into a tea-room in the afternoon. It also offer brunch on weekends.
How to Reach Jardin Des Plantes
- Tramway line 1: get off at gare SNCF (North exit).
Cafe de l’Orangery is located in the heart of Jardin des Plantes. Other than this, nearby restaurants are:
- cafe des plantes
- Mien Tay
- OUR kebab
- Le Petit Paris
- La Tavola
- Le Mondial
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nantes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nantes and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.85% of people who visit Nantes include Jardin Des Plantes in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
25% of people start their Jardin Des Plantes visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Jardin Des Plantes
69.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jardin Des Plantes