Jardin Des PlantesCurrently Closed
- Address: Rue Stanislas Baudry, 44000 Nantes, France
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:45 pm Details
- Phone: +33-240416509
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Amusement Park, Garden, Zoo, Botanical Garden, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature, Specialty Museum
Jardin Des Plantes - Review
It is a municipal botanical garden, built in the middle of 18th century. According to history, this garden is said to be the earliest botanical garden of the city. Taking a tour within the garden will let you meet with 11,000 species planted within a web of ponds, paths and waterways, decorated with artificial mountains, statues and fountains. Don’t miss out the Greenhouse within the park that holds exclusive collection of epiphytes, like orchids.
For refreshment, move on to the top end of the garden, where Café de l’Orangery is located. It opens at midday for everyday and by the afternoon, it turns into an ice-cream parlor and tea-room parlor.
Jardin Des Plantes Information
- For group visits, you need to make reservation beforehand.
- The garden has a gift shop where a souvenir gift plant is given on every purchase made from the shop.
- The Greenhouse are not wheelchair accessible.
- To enter the Greenhouse, you need to buy a ticket of minimum charge.
- Adapted toilets are available.
- Accessible park but the slope requires some visitors to cross from top to bottom: from the Place Sophie Trebuchet towards the railway station.
- Cafe de l’Orangery opens for lunch from Monday to Friday. It turns into a tea-room in the afternoon. It also offer brunch on weekends.
How To reach Jardin Des Plantes by Public Transport
- Tramway line 1: get off at gare SNCF (North exit).
Restaurants Near Jardin Des Plantes
Cafe de l’Orangery is located in the heart of Jardin des Plantes. Other than this, nearby restaurants are:
- cafe des plantes
- Mien Tay
- OUR kebab
- Le Petit Paris
- La Tavola
- Le Mondial
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nantes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nantes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jardin Des Plantes
95% of people who visit Nantes include Jardin Des Plantes in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
25% of people start their Jardin Des Plantes visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Jardin Des Plantes
69.37% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jardin Des Plantes
Jardin Des Plantes Trips
Jardin Des Plantes, Nantes Reviews
Nice garden and original decorations (chair in all sizes, water lilies connected to pump, etc...). Also very well maintained. Only point of improvement: it would be nice if there was an area where you could enter the grass. Always nice for kids to sit or play on the grass (especially babies).
This is a beautiful garden near the Train station(Northern side) in Nantes, France. It is It is a recreational site with a classic. The garden occupies a large expanse of land and it's an ideal place for children to play as well as adults to relax and enjoy what nature has to offer.
Lovely example of 19th century public gardens. Some fantastic tree specimens and some fun quirky bits. A pleasant 15 or 20 minutes, longer if you like. African pygmy goats in small petting corner and some great interactive sculptures.
Fantastic gardens, lovely café and amazing artist installations, my favourite yet. My family and I totally loved it. Free parking nearby. :)
it is a symbols of garden in heaven inside France from one of the most friendly society in the world.and the sign of the new upcoming uthiopia.