This museum is dedicated to the French writer Jules Verne. Housed in a late 19th century old beautiful building, the museum is located just near the Loire River. The white façade of the buildings sparkles because of the light coming from the south and get reflected on the river flowing by. The magnificent Moorish arches above the windows and doors make the building more attractive.
A tour within the building will show that the entire museum is divided into 8 sections depicting the entire life story of the writer, his masterpieces and so on. The museum also displays some of his great works where Nantes played an important role in shaping up his writings and also his other works that were later in translated into films and TV.
Jules Verne Museum Travel Tips
- Last admission is allowed 25 minutes before the closing time.
- Guided tour in English, German, Italian, Spanish and French languages are available.
- Individual guided tour in French language is available on Sunday at 3pm, from September to June and everyday in July and August.
- Individual guided tour In English is available in every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdayat 11am from 15th July to 14th August.
- For group visits, reservation is required.
- Admission is free for young people(under 18years); unemployed people; disabled individuals; registered unemployed; minimum wage recipients; teachers preparing for group visit; on the 1st Sunday of every month from September to June;on Heritage days;on Springtime museums event.
- Guided Tour for Children under 7 years of age is free.
- Specially tailored tour is available for disabled people.
- Mode of payment accepted for tickets are cash, Pass Nantes and bank cards.
- Minimum purchase of 6€ is required to make the payment in credit cards.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jules Verne Museum
- Reduced price: 1.50€ (after 5pm, young people between 18 and 26, and groups less than 12 people)
- Concession: 2.50€
- For the groups of children: 25€ to 35€ (per group)
- For the groups of adults: 65€ to 88€ (per group)
How to Reach Jules Verne Museum
- Tramway1: Stop – Gare Maritime – from here you need to walk for 15 minutes.
- Chronobus 1: Stop – Lechat – from here you need to walk for 10 minutes.
- Le Bistrot De Mr Jules
- Bella Italia
- Le Havre
- Le Cargo
- Nippon Grill
- La Cantine du Voyage
- Opium - Brasserie Concept
- Le Tricorne
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nantes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nantes and book an accommodation of your choice.
34.83% of people who visit Nantes include Jules Verne Museum in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
57.81% of people start their Jules Verne Museum visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Jules Verne Museum
91.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jules Verne Museum