Musee Des Beaux-arts De Nantes, Nantes
About Musee Des Beaux-arts De Nantes, Nantes
Musee Des Beaux-arts De Nantes, Nantes - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 10 Rue Georges Clemenceau, 44000 Nantes, France
Ticket Price: 2 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Museum, Educational Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Also known as Fine Arts Museum of Nantes, is an art museum, built in 1801. It holds some of the finest piece of French paintings in its sumptuous gallery. Along with these paintings, you also get to see other artworks made by Georges de la Tour, Chagall, Monet, Picasso and Kandinsky as well. However, the museum was closed for renovation since 2011 and was recently reopened in 2013.
At present, the museum organizes activities like meditation classes for both children and adults who comes to visit the museum.
Musee Des Beaux-arts De Nantes Information
- Nocturnes and other appointments often get free entry and sometimes paying.
- Free admission is applicable for – young people (under 18years of age); job seekers; beneficiaries of Carte Blanche; RSA recipients of the annual pass subscribers of the Museum of Fine Arts in Nantes and pass inter-museum of Nantes; the school groups; academic and socio-educational and accompanying students and art history professors and letters optionarts from the University of Nantes and Graduate School of Fine Arts in Nantes Métropole; the cardholders 80% disability (free for accompanying); friends of the Museum of Fine Arts in Nantes (SAMBA); journalists; travel guides and holders of passports issued by the Loire-Atlantique UDOTSI; the ICOM card holders or CIMAM card and the City staff in the city of Nantes; the Ministry of Culture; organized and controlled national museums.
- Free admission is also there in the first Sunday of the month (except July and August) and Thursday evening from 6pm to 7pm.
- The Museum Pass is available. It allow you to get free entry to the museum for 1 year of access to privileged visits.
- Advance reservation is required for group tour.
- Admission to the museum for all school is for free.
- Guided tour Primary schools is free for metropolitan class.
- Person accompanying the disabled individual gets free admission.
- Free and compulsory changing rooms for backpacks and umbrellas (possibility of leaving his coat, bulky items, etc.)
- Folding seats available.
- For people with reduced mobility, an armchair rolling is available.
Musee Des Beaux-arts De Nantes Ticket Prices
- Reduced price: € 1
- Guided tours Primary Schools: € 35 for non-metropolitan class
- Guided tours Secondary Schools: € 25 (for a metropolitan class), € 35 (for a non-metropolitan class)
- For disabled: € 1 (entry to the museum per person, of Nantes or not)
Activities fees (excluding entrance fee of the museum)
- Adults: € 4 (full price), € 2.40 (Concessions)
- Children: € 3 (Metro), € 6 (Non- Metropolitan)
For Adult groups:
- € 1 (for group of at least 15 people )
- Meditation + Entry fee to the museum: € 65 (for Metropolitan group), € 88 (for a group not Metropolitan)
For Young Audience group:
- For meditation: € 65 ( for a metropolitan group), € 88 (for a non-metropolitan group)
- Leisure Centre – Mediation: € 25 (for a metropolitan group), € 35(for a non-metropolitan Group)
- Meditation + entry fee of the museum: € 65 ( for a metropolitan group), € 88 (for a non-metropolitan group)
How To reach Musee Des Beaux-arts De Nantes by Public Transport
- Bus lines 11, 12, 21, 22, 23, get off at the stop or Trebuchet Foch Cathedral stop.
- Busway line 4, get off at the stop Foch Cathedral
- Tram Line 1, get off when stationary Duchess Anne Castle
- Bicloo - Station 62
Restaurants Near Musee Des Beaux-arts De Nantes
- Shefferville Cafe
- La Tavola
- La Quincaillerie
- Le Vin Vivant
- Le Bistroquet
- Le Rital
- Les Comptoirs D'Armorique
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nantes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nantes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee Des Beaux-arts De Nantes, Nantes Reviews - Write a Review
The museum collection is located in the three buildings: the Palace, Cube and Chapel. Navigation between buildings is not clear and it is very easy to get lost. Classical art collection is interesting and contains mosty French artists. You can easily spend at least two hours here.
We were really impressed with the building and the art curation within it. The staff were really helpful when we arrived, or son is in a wheelchair and one of the assistants got our tickets for us so we did not need to queue. The building is beautifully designed and the rooms are well themed and contain interesting pieces of art and included a number of Monet's and Rodin's. The collection is obviously not on a par with aTate or Guggenheim but if you are in the area setting aside a couple of hours or more to visit this gallery is very much recommended.
Well presented collection, attractive building well signposted from city centre. Good range of artists but disappointing on the impressionists. Expensive entry but concessions are available.. Could have done with English translations on the boards in each room as they're only in French.
An excellent art gallery, recently refurbished, with everything from Monet to modern art on two floors and video installations in the basement.
Very welcoming with friendly English speaking staff. Some very interesting art on display from well known and not so well known artists.
- Nearby Attractions
- Piscine Du Petit-port
- Latelier Conception Web
- Bord De L Erdre
- Agence 1-ter-net
- Va Solutions
- Bourse La Beaujoire
- Gaumont Nantes
- Restaurants Du Coeur Association
- Nantes Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nantes
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nantes
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nantes
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nantes
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nantes
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nantes