Tucked in a bounty of nature, overwhelming beauty adorned with the sea and the hills; Naples, the capital city of Campania province of Italy is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the world. Stunning backdrop of nature, historic buildings date back to the 6th and the 7th centuries and a vibrant undying aura makes Naples a perfect place for a vacation.
The historic centre of Naples is a UNESCO world heritage site and is one of the biggest historical and cultural centres of the world with 448 historical and monumental churches, which is the highest number in the world for any city. Both Italian and foreign tourists have been frequenting Naples in the last few years as a destination of artistic interest, as the artwork and folklore of the city are on full display in the distinctive streets.
The Centro Storico is the historic centre of Naples and is dotted with barouque churches, underground greco-roman ruins, famous streets, Pizzerias and vibrant nightlife centres. Agnano is an area which is based on a volcanic crater and is known for its hot springs and Roman Baths. Today, it is also famous for its dazzling nightlife.
Another highlight of Naples is its Pizza! Considered as a birth place for pizza margherita, you will be stunned how something simple and made out of few ingredients- fresh tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella and a little olive oil can taste so divine! Eating pizza is a must-do thing on a trip to Naples!
Naples is also the base to explore the near-by attractions like the volcanic mountain of Vesuvius, ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum. Naples is also a great place to explore the scenic coast of Amalfi.
Travel to Naples, soak in the culture and aura of its beauty and return rejuvenated. Each one of you should visit Naples at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Naples.
Essential travel information and Naples tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC +1
- Currency: Euro
- Electricity and Internet: 230V, 50Hz (European or Italian plug)
- Languages: Italian is the primary language. French, Spanish and English are spoken.
- Traffic in Naples can be very chaotic and you have to be very careful while crossing the streets.
- Whenever using the taxi, make sure you get in one having a licensed plate.
- Do not hire a car to get around the city as the traffic is really terrible.
- Use other public transport rather than the bus. Also, if you are using the bus, make sure you buy the tickets before you board otherwise you are liable to a penalty.
- The ferry-rides can be over rough seas and are not suitable for those having a condition of travel sickness.
- Be aware of the pickpockets, especially near the Piazza Garibaldi. Also, keep your valuables safe while using the public transport.
- Avoid small dark alleys/streets especially in Spanish Quarters.
- Stay safe; beware of tourist scams like people giving you stuff for free and later demanding to be paid for it.
- Avoid wearing t-shirts of football teams like Juventus FC, AC Milan,
- Internazionale Milano, AS Roma, SS Lazio or Fiorentina. Locals support SSC Napoli, they have serious rivalry with the above mentioned teams.
- Do not leave out any valuables on your table; do not flash expensive jewellery, watches, accessories and gadgets
- Emergency Contact: Tourist offices: +39081402394 , +390815512701
Naples Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Naples. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Naples trip planner.