How to Reach Naples
The Easiest Way to Reach Naples
HOW TO GET TO NAPLES
- By Air: Naples only has one airport, Capodichino Airport, but it does offer a variety of flights and services. From the airport, you can take the bus services, the Ali bus or the 3S bus.
- By Train: There are also three railway stations by which you can reach the city: Piazza Garibaldi Central Station, Mergellina Station, and Campi Flegrei Station. Naples has frequent trains to and from Rome.
- By Bus: The stations are served by efficient bus service and the major bus stops for inter-city buses are at Piazza Garibaldi or Piazza Municipio.
- By Car: Naples is connected to Rome via the A1 highway and the drive will take around 2 hours.
- By Boat: Naples is connected to Sardinia (Cagliari), Sicily (Palermo), (Sardinia (Olbia), Corsica (Porto-Vecchio), Tunisia (Tunis), and the Aeolian Islands by boat.
HOW TO GET AROUND NAPLES
Both public and private bus companies run daily through the city and suburban routes, and the city also has a large and efficient port for travel by sea. So you can easily get around the city from one point to another. You can buy the daily pass that will give you access to all the public transport. Alternatively, you can also buy a 90 minutes pass.
- By Car: Probably not a great option to get around the city since the traffic is heavy and parking is dofficult to find. Although, you can hire a car to travel to the near-by destinations like Amalfi, Positano, Salerno and Pompeii.
- By Taxi: An efficient way to get around the city, also the most expensive one. Make sure you get in a taxi with licensed plate and has a working meter.
- By Metro: Three lines operate throughout the city and the subways stations themselves exhibit excellent architecture which will be a bonus if you take a ride on the metro.
- By Funicolare: Four Cable cars operate in the city; three of them connect the city center to Vomero, the last connects Mergellina to Posillipo.
- By Trams: Two Tram lines are available in the city and they offer connections to Santa Lucia - Castelnuovo - Garibaldi (Central Station).
- By Bus: Buses run throughout the city but Naples Travel guide recommends avoiding it. The traffic makes it a really terrible experience.
- By ferry/Hydrofoil: Various companies offer ferry rides to destinations like Capri, Bacoli, Salerno, Sorrento, Monti di Procida, Amalfi, Positano, Ponza, Ventotene, Prochida, Ischia, Eolie, and the towns of Formia, Castellamare.
- Naples is the best point to explore the near-by tourist attractions like Herculaneum, Pompeii and the scenic coastline of Amalfi. The Circumvesuviana operates round-trains to Sorrento with stops at Ercolano (Herculaneum) and Pompei Scavi (Pompeii) and the other route which enables you to visit Vesuvius.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Naples and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Naples
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Naples. The most preferred mode of transport in Naples is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 9.97 km Average time: 56.14 min
Bus/Trolleybus 28.57%Bus 18.5 min Waiting 15 min Walking 6.5 min Overall average time for 4 kms 40 min
Car 28.57%Driving 25 min Overall average time for 15.5 kms 25 min
Walking 28.57%Walking 70 min Train 9 min Waiting 5 min Tram 2.5 min Overall average time for 7.9 kms 86.5 min
Train/Metro 14.29%Train 45 min Waiting 15 min Walking 15 min Bus 15 min Overall average time for 15 kms 90 min
- How to reach Cities Near Naples
- How to reach Figino
- How to reach Tramutola
- How to reach Frisa
- How to reach Montefalcone Di Val Fortore
- How to reach Montemesola
- How to reach Stella Marina
- How to reach Arienzo
- How to reach Olivadi
- How to reach Serra Pedace
- How to reach Giardini
- How to reach Prata Di Principato Ultra
- How to reach Comiziano
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Hermosillo
- How to reach Itarsi
- How to reach Sanquelim
- How to reach Coimbatore
- How to reach Bhopal
- How to reach Paro
- How to reach Chail
- How to reach Macau
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Ibiza Nueva