Te Mata Peak604 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 222 Te Mata Peak Rd, Havelock North 4130, New Zealand, Napier Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: Outdoors, View Point, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Family And Kids, Adventure, Peak
This unassuming, 400 metre high peak provides many more opportunities than you’d think possible. A lovely drive leads you to the carpark at the bottom, from where you hike up to the top. From there you have breath-taking views of the Hasting countryside; the craggy hills, the ranges, the flatlands and the wide coastline; and it’s worth coming up here just for sunrises, sunsets, and stargazing or just a picnic. At a popular lookout point, you’ll be able to see the curve of the world beyond Hawkes Bay. If you’ve managed to drag a cycle up, have fun rolling back down. Off a steep side, you can abseil down to the bottom, or fly off the edge in a paraglide. It’s a heaven given cornucopia of outdoor activities.
Te Mata Peak Travel Tips
- Make reservations if you want to have dinner at the restaurant at the top
- Take a jacket. It can get chilly when windy.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- When driving, be careful of the one way sections.
- Restaurant at the peak.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Napier before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Napier and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Te Mata Peak Address: 222 Te Mata Peak Rd, Havelock North 4130, New Zealand, Napier
- Te Mata Peak Timing: 24-hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
77.54% of people who visit Napier include Te Mata Peak in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
48.51% of people start their Te Mata Peak visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Te Mata Peak
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Te Mata Peak
People normally club together Otatara Pa and Cape Kidnappers Gannet Reserve while planning their visit to Te Mata Peak.
People also prefer to start their day with Te Mata Peak.