Castel Dell Ovo1600 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Via Eldorado, 3, 80132 Napoli, Italy, Naples
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0817954593
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Heritage Building
Set against the ever in motion background of the sea in Naples, this lovely castle is worth more than a regard. The medieval castle which has the name egg castle is perhaps the oldest building of its sort in the Naples. Damaged several times, the castle has in a way lived up to its name as the egg castle.
The building is now mostly used for exhibitions and events. Although one cannot go in unless for an exhibitions, which are certainly unique and interesting, it is worthwhile to visit the fort for spectacular views of the bay of Naples. Quite an interesting place to visit, do add it to your tour of the bay of Naples.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Naples itinerary 7 days.
Castel Dell Ovo Travel Tips
- You can only see the castle from the outside unless you are going for an exhibition.
- Ticket Prices for the exhibitions vary.
Entrance Ticket Details For Castel Dell Ovo
- Entry is free.
Castel Dell Ovo Hours
- On Sundays and other public holidays the opening time is later at 9am and closes in the early afternoon, around 1pm depending on the season.
How to Reach Castel Dell Ovo
- By rented car from city centre.
- Ristorante Ciro
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.73% of people who visit Naples include Castel Dell Ovo in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
44.86% of people start their Castel Dell Ovo visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Castel Dell Ovo
89.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castel Dell Ovo