Chiesa Di San Gregorio Armeno59 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via S. Gregorio Armeno, 1, 80138 Napoli, Italy, Naples
- Timings: 09:00 am - 12:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0815520186
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
A temple dedicated to Ceres stood here, and was replaced by this church in the 10th century. The Baroque building you see today was only completed in 1579 though, and it is unapologetically opulent. The highlights are:
- wood and papier-mache choir stalls
- Cloister with Matteo Bottiglieri’s 1580 marble fountain with s statues of Christ and marine animals; and a grove of citrus trees.
- Cappella della Madonna dell'Idria: painting depicting scenes from Virgin Mary’s life by Paolo De Matteis, and a Byzantine style icon.
- Luca Giordano's masterpiece fresco The Embarkation depicting nuns fleeing persecution in Constatinople.
- Relics of San Gregorio and Santa Patrizia
- The old convent bakery
- A hundreds of years old wooden nativity scene.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Naples itinerary 5 days.
Chiesa Di San Gregorio Armeno Hours
- Public holidays: 9am-1pm
- Cloister: 9:30am-12pm
How to Reach Chiesa Di San Gregorio Armeno
- Bus E1, E2 stop Duomo-s.biagio Dei Librai.
- Subway L1 stop Museo
- Subway L2 stop Cavour
- Buses 147, 182, 184, 201, 584, C51, C52, E2, N4 stop Foria-metropolitana - Farmacia Cavour.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.63% of people who visit Naples include Chiesa Di San Gregorio Armeno in their plan
52.94% of people start their Chiesa Di San Gregorio Armeno visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chiesa Di San Gregorio Armeno
91.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chiesa Di San Gregorio Armeno