Fountain Of Neptune, Naples
About Fountain Of Neptune, Naples
Fountain Of Neptune, Naples - Address
Address: Piazza Municipio, 80133 Naples, Italy
Time Required: 00:15 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 525 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Fountain
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Build in 1600 by Giovanni Domenico D'Auria based on the design by Domenico Fontana this monumental circular water fountain hasn’t always been at this location. It was originally part of the Arsenal area, and was moved several times before being placed here in 2014. Water flows from its four lions, sea creatures are frozen in motion, and the base bears the coat of arms of notable Spanish families. Nymphs and satyrs bear Neptune and his trident upon a shield.
How To reach Fountain Of Neptune by Public Transport
- Subway L1 stop Municipio
- C25, N1, N3, R2 stop Medina Municipio.
- Funiculare F1 stop Augusteo
- Subway L2 stop Stazione Napoli Piazza Amedeo.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Fountain Of Neptune, Naples Reviews - Write a Review
Lovely fountain, well lit and pretty at night. Area is fairly close to the safe main streets. No riff raff noticed on a Tuesday night. Nice place to enjoy a bottle of wine and walk around.
Wonder city fountain. Wish it didn't have the gate around it.
Very pretty fountain though the neighborhood not that much
A beautiful monumental fountain
- Nearby Attractions
- Museo Del Sottosuolo
- Piazza San Domenico Maggiore
- Santa Lucia
- Piazza Bellini
- Villa Pignatelli
- Chiesa Di Santa Maria Francesca Delle Cinque Piaghe
- La Chiesa Dell'arte Della Seta - Complesso Dei Santi Filippo E Giacomo
- Parco Vergiliano A Piedigrotta
- Piazza Trieste E Trento
- Palazzo San Teodoro
- Naples Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 48 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 72 Hours in Naples
- How to Spend 5 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 6 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 7 Days in Naples