Herculaneum ErclanoCurrently Open
- Address: Via Luigi Palmieri, 173, 80056 Ercolano Naples, Italy
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0810126204
- Ticket Price: 11 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Herculaneum used to be a port city in the Roman Empire until the eruption of Mount Vesuvius covered it quite like the nearby Pompeii. Surprisingly, the city remained more or less completely preserved under the ash and now has been excavated.
The town used to be something like a holiday retreat for the Romans. Today it is a tourist attraction. The streets and buildings have been preserved quite well and it is very interesting to see the planning of the ancients.
Although Pompeii is perhaps better known amongst the two, this site is not always flooded with tourists and besides, the better preserved of the two sites is certainly the Herculaneum which makes it a very good option to visit during your stay at Naples.
A historic place which is today a historic retreat for Romans, the Herculaneum Erclano offers a day out in fun and geological knowledge. As you buy tickets for Herculaneum Erclano tours, you get to understand the attraction in the most elaborate and exciting manner. These day trips take you to this archaeological site and offer you a detailed understanding of this place. Tickets for Herculaneum Erclano are easily available and you get to have the best deals. Herculaneum Erclano tickets will give you a walk through this preserved city. Herculaneum Erclano ticket prices are affordable and easy to book!
Herculaneum Erclano Travel Tips
- Last entry 90min before closing.
- The cobbled and harsh nature of the surface implies that wheelchairs and prams cannot be used here.
- No cars are allowed so you need to walk a lot.
- It is not suitable for very young children as a result.
Entrance Ticket Details For Herculaneum Erclano
- Reduced: € 5.50
- Free: European and non-European people under 18
- Free: admission on the first Sunday of the month.
How to Reach Herculaneum Erclano
- Vesuvio 40
- Circumvesuviana trains
- Casa Rossa 1888 al Vesuvio
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
6.56% of people who visit Naples include Herculaneum Erclano in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
47.83% of people start their Herculaneum Erclano visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Herculaneum Erclano
92.47% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Herculaneum Erclano