Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle1921 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via Fontanelle, 80, Napoli Naples, Italy Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-3389652288
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Cemetery, Family And Kids
This unusual cemetery is a very interesting place to visit in Naples. You cannot really call it a cemetery at all. It is more of a collection of remains from various events in history. It is located inside a cave which makes the whole experience rather eerie but quite fascinating. Although it is a cemetery, it is still a very intriguing place to visit. It is said that the remains you can see here were washed up in a flood and put here later.
Stacks after stacks of skulls can be seen everywhere making it a surreal experience. A lot of the bodies buried here belong to people of Naples. They were moved here after the flood during a period when the graveyards in the cities of Europe could not hold enough dead any more. Nameless victims of the Plague epidemic have been given a final resting place in this spooky place too. One thing is for certain. People will find this place quite remarkable.
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Naples itinerary 3 days.
Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle Hours
- Last entrance 30 minutes before closing.
How to Reach Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle
- By Bus station: Donzelli Pelliccia
- Il Riccio Di Re Isabella
- Il Torchio
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle Address: Via Fontanelle, 80, Napoli Naples, Italy
- Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle Contact Number: +39-3389652288
- Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle Timing: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm
- Time required to visit Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
21.22% of people who visit Naples include Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
38.44% of people start their Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle
90.72% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle
People normally club together Catacombe Di San Gaudioso and Catacombe Di San Gennaro while planning their visit to Il Cimitero Delle Fontanelle.