Museo Nazionale Ferroviario Di Pietrarsa, Naples
Museo Nazionale Ferroviario Di Pietrarsa, Naples - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Traversa Pietrarsa, 80146 Napoli, Italy
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
Added 6.7K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Museo Nazionale Ferroviario Di Pietrarsa, Naples
In 2039 Italy’s railway heritage will be two centuries old. This museum is a walkthrough of how far it has come. It’s a huge space, with multiple themed pavilions in an old 1840 Bourbon workshop. You’ll find locomotives (steam and electric and diesel), furnaces, carriages, and train models. The museum is an unqualified hit with adults and kids alike. This is the world’s largest number of historical trains. Highlights are the Bayard locomotive, the Vesuvius locomotive, and an exhibit on the technical evolution of steam power.
Museo Nazionale Ferroviario Di Pietrarsa Information
- Disabled accessible.
Museo Nazionale Ferroviario Di Pietrarsa Ticket Prices
- €3.50 for children aged 6 to 18 and people over 65
- Guided tours: : €7.00 (€5.00 for kids and seniors)
- Free tour + Virtual Tour: €6.00 ( €4.50 for kids and seniors)
- Thursday: EUR 2 for adults; EUR 1 for kids
- Saturday, after 2pm: Family ticket 10€ (2 adults+2 children)
- Free for disabled, kids 6 and below.
Museo Nazionale Ferroviario Di Pietrarsa Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing time.
- Check attraction website for unexpect closing dates.
How To reach Museo Nazionale Ferroviario Di Pietrarsa by Public Transport
- Buses 155, 157, 254, 455 stop S.Giovanni A Teduccio-museo Pietarsa.
- Buses 158 stop Croce Lagno Largo Arso - Pizzeria Vesuvio Dal 1989.
- Buses 156, 175, 475 stop Botteghelle-caserma Militare.
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museo Nazionale Ferroviario Di Pietrarsa, Naples Reviews - Write a Review
Very nice museum in a marvellous surrounding, along the sea. You can reach it easily by train since it it just beside Pietrarsa-San Giorgio a Cremano station. You can see many examples of old train and locomotives. The garden in the middle is well finished. There is a bar area inside. I suggest to visit it in the sunset.
Great day out, good price and easy to get to as the train stop is next to it.
Great train museum! Lots of history and machines here! I really enjoyed this-
Amazing place for fans of trains