Parco Archeologico PausilyponCurrently Closed
- Address: Discesa Coroglio, 36, 80123 Napoli, Italy, Naples
- Timings: 09:30 am - 01:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-812403235
- Ticket Price: 15 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
This ancient Roman archaeological site was founded by Publius Vedius Pollio, a Roman equestrian infamous for self-indulgence and deadly cruelty to his slaves. Here he built a villa, a theatre, a nymph and a spa. Other structures and houses are also scattered around the complex. In its heydey it was known as one of the Roman world’s most luxurious neighborhoods. The highlights are:
- Grotta di Seiano: the 2000 year old 770 metre man made tunnel, which also serves as the entrance to the site, is an ethereal walk and connects the Bagnoli fields with the Gaiola valley.
- Imperial Villa Pausilypon: this must have been an incredible place to live. The sprawling house has its own theatre and terrific views of the ocean.
- House of the Spirits, the Virgil School
- Gaiola Submerged Park: a protected marine reserve
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Naples itinerary 1 day.
- All visits are by advance booking only.
- Contact the attraction for fuller price details.
- Last entry at 11:45 am.
- Closed on Sunday.
- The theatre area is closed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. In other words, try and visit only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Buses 140, C1, C21, C27, C31 stop Discesa Coroglio-ponte.
- Bus F9 stops outside the site.
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.36% of people who visit Naples include Parco Archeologico Pausilypon in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
77.12% of people start their Parco Archeologico Pausilypon visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Parco Archeologico Pausilypon
91.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Parco Archeologico Pausilypon
Great way to spend the morning, going through a tunnel excavated so that Augustus could visit his friends during the winter when the seas are rough. The tour is in Italian so you will have to read up before or find a kindly Italian to translate for you. The tour starts around 1100 and you will have to book in advance.
This is absolutely a must for everyone who comes to.visit napoli
Great place to see