Piazza Dante, Naples
About Piazza Dante, Naples
Piazza Dante, Naples - Address
Address: Piazza Dante Napoli Italy
Time Required: 00:15 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 230 times in trip plans
Square, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Named after Italian darling poet Dante Alighieri this old market square was beautified in 1765 by architect Luigi Vanvitelli. There is a lot happening here now. In summer weekends it is a favourite local hangout, which makes for good people watching. The churches of San Michele Arcangelo and Santa Maria di Caravaggio, and the Port'Alba city gate look over the square. Go down the gate into the Via d'Alba pedestrian shopping street, and follow it all the way to Piazza Bellini. The main monuments here are the the Convitto Nazionale and the marble monument to Dante himself. The Dante Metro station is one of those with extensive art installations, so check it out.
How To reach Piazza Dante by Public Transport
- Bus E1 stop Piazza Gesu'.
- Subway L1 stop Dante.
- Buses 139, 201, 460, 584, N3, R4 stop Sant'Anna Dei Lombardi - Ottica Sacco.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Piazza Dante, Naples Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Mcdonald's Napoli Doganella
- Da Dora
- Lombardi A Santa Chiara
- Via Marino Turchi, 34
- Via F. E. Savastano
- San Ferdinando
- Via San Biagio Dei Librai
- Montecassino 131
- Via Guglielmo Melisurgo, 15
- Naples Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 48 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 72 Hours in Naples
- How to Spend 5 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 6 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 7 Days in Naples