Piazza San Domenico MaggioreCurrently Open
- Address: Piazza san Domenico Maggiore, 80134 Napoli, Italy, Naples
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Square, Family And Kids
Piazza San Domenico Maggiore - Review
You know this square is important the second you walk in. For one, there’s that monumental baroque Obelisk of San Domenico right in the middle, one of Naple’s three plague spires, a pyramid on three bases, with lots of decorative marble and sculpturework. Then there’s the fact the square used to be the Greek eastern boundary of Neapolis. A number of seriously important buildings surround it:
- Sansevero Chapel
- Palazzo Petrucci
- The Chiesa di San Domenico Maggiore (this has a rear facade for the sake of appearances)
- Palazzo Saluzzo Corigliano
- Palazzo di Sangro of Casacalenda
- Palazzo Carafa della Spina
- Palazzo di Sangro
Also, visit nearby attractions which are covered in Naples itinerary 2 days.
How To reach Piazza San Domenico Maggiore by Public Transport
- Bus E1, E2 stop Duomo-s.biagio Dei Librai.
- Subway L1 stop Museo
- Subway L2 stop Cavour
- Buses 147, 182, 184, 201, 584, C51, C52, E2, N4 stop Foria-metropolitana - Farmacia Cavou.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Piazza San Domenico Maggiore
0.42% of people who visit Naples include Piazza San Domenico Maggiore in their plan
33.33% of people start their Piazza San Domenico Maggiore visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Piazza San Domenico Maggiore
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Piazza San Domenico Maggiore