Porta CapuanaCurrently Open
- Address: Piazza S. Francesco a Capuana, 80139 Napoli, Italy, Naples
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +39-3290839838
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Tower
This is an old city gate built in Renaissance style. Once it had been joined to the city walls, but when those were expanded in the 15th century, the gate was left free-standing. Now it just looks like some kind of Arc du Triomphe. The two towers symbolise honor and virtue; on the door you’ll find the 16th century coat of arms of Charles V, and just close to the gate is the church of Santa Caterina a Formiello. There’s not much else to see though.
- Subway 3, 4 stop Piazza Garibaldi.
- Subway L1, L2 stop Garibaldi.
- Buses 116, 156, 172, 174, 175, 192, 194, 475, 616 stop Galileo Ferraris-sede INPS.
- Buses 075, 076 stop Napoli Garibaldi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
It is one of the ancient city gates. If you are walking from the station to the centre and you're interested into medieval architecture, I suggest to pay a quick visit. The place is not very well kept
See the heart and follow your nose
Amazing restoration of this historical noble neighbourhood at Lanificio 25
Nice historical site
It still magnificent in its ancient appearance though restoration is on the way. It is living people and market around the area, feeling very local.