Porta Capuana11 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza S. Francesco a Capuana, 80139 Napoli, Italy, Naples Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +39-3290839838
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Tower
This is an old city gate built in Renaissance style. Once it had been joined to the city walls, but when those were expanded in the 15th century, the gate was left free-standing. Now it just looks like some kind of Arc du Triomphe. The two towers symbolise honor and virtue; on the door you’ll find the 16th century coat of arms of Charles V, and just close to the gate is the church of Santa Caterina a Formiello. There’s not much else to see though.
How to Reach Porta Capuana
- Subway 3, 4 stop Piazza Garibaldi.
- Subway L1, L2 stop Garibaldi.
- Buses 116, 156, 172, 174, 175, 192, 194, 475, 616 stop Galileo Ferraris-sede INPS.
- Buses 075, 076 stop Napoli Garibaldi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Porta Capuana Address: Piazza S. Francesco a Capuana, 80139 Napoli, Italy, Naples
- Porta Capuana Contact Number: +39-3290839838
- Porta Capuana Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Porta Capuana: 00:15 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!