Porta Capuana, Naples
About Porta Capuana, Naples
Porta Capuana, Naples - Address, Phone Number
Address: Piazza S. Francesco a Capuana, 80139 Napoli, Italy
Time Required: 00:15 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 51 times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Tower
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is an old city gate built in Renaissance style. Once it had been joined to the city walls, but when those were expanded in the 15th century, the gate was left free-standing. Now it just looks like some kind of Arc du Triomphe. The two towers symbolise honor and virtue; on the door you’ll find the 16th century coat of arms of Charles V, and just close to the gate is the church of Santa Caterina a Formiello. There’s not much else to see though.
How To reach Porta Capuana by Public Transport
- Subway 3, 4 stop Piazza Garibaldi.
- Subway L1, L2 stop Garibaldi.
- Buses 116, 156, 172, 174, 175, 192, 194, 475, 616 stop Galileo Ferraris-sede INPS.
- Buses 075, 076 stop Napoli Garibaldi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Porta Capuana, Naples Reviews - Write a Review
Well preserved city gate. The square is vivid day and night, with all kinds of people hanging around or passing by. Anyways, it's not somewhere you want to go alone.
Very busy a bit hard to identify some more signage would be good.
Nice place to seat for the moment here and think about plane to sightseeing city
Real master piece of medieval fortification.
Nice bit of history.
- Nearby Attractions
- Piazza Del Plebiscito
- Parco Virgiliano
- Royal Palace
- San Lorenzo Maggiore
- Via Dei Tribunali
- Pio Monte Della Misericordia
- Chiesa Di San Gregorio Armeno
- San Francesco Di Paola
- Galleria Umberto I
- Naples Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 48 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 72 Hours in Naples
- How to Spend 5 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 6 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 7 Days in Naples