About Procida, Naples
Procida, Naples - Address
Address: Procida 80079 Procida, Metropolitan City of Naples Italy
Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Island, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This commune is part of the volcanic Flegrean Islands, in the Gulf of Naples. It’s surrounded by clear waters, has cute pastel colored houses, and is fun to walk around.. The earliest dated settlements here were at least from 1500 AD, but may have been older. This island has a rich history, and was made famous mostly thanks to the works of novelists who made it the setting of their stories. Check the island’s event and festival calendar - there is a lot going on during the year. Highlights to check out on the island:
- Marina Grande: See the Palazzo Montefusco XII
- The wooden crucifix of 1845
- No. 10, the erstwhile hotel Victory.
- Martyrs Square: location of the 17th century revolution, with the monument dedicated to Antonio Scajola.
- 17th century Church of the Madonna delle Grazie.
- 16th century Church of San Leonardo
- The ancient well at piazza della Repubblica.
- The Sea Museum
- Terra Murata Village
Procida Opening and Closing Hours
- From Naples, ferries take 1 hour to reach; hydrofoils take 30 minutes.
- From Pozzuoli, ferries take 35 minutes.
How To reach Procida by Public Transport
- Take the ferry from Napoli (Molo Immacolatella Vecchia) to Procida Ferry Terminal.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Procida, Naples Reviews - Write a Review
It's a quiet and cozy place for vacation. I came in a Thursday afternoon so there's not much tourists here, which is perfect. I walked three hours and see a half of the island. People here are nice and friendly, even though we cannot really communicate because of my lackness of Italian Language, they smile at and greet to me. I had a very relaxing afternoon here. Grazie, Procida!
E' la mia casa. Le sarò sempre fedele. It's my home. I'll always be Faithful to it.
An amazingly beautiful little island off the coast of Naples. A must visit that can be done in one day. Highly recommended!
Rent a Vespa to see the whole island. Many shops close from 12-14:00, and cafes stop serving lunch at 15:00. Dinner reservations are mandatory if you expect to eat. Best black sand beach at La Conchiglia, down 200 steps from the road, or catch the orange dory from the fishing harbor. Bring your own towel.
The best hidden secret of the Alfami coast...!
- Nearby Attractions
- Piazza Dante
- Funicolare Di Chiaia
- Museo Del Sottosuolo
- Piazza San Domenico Maggiore
- Santa Lucia
- Piazza Bellini
- Villa Pignatelli
- Chiesa Di Santa Maria Francesca Delle Cinque Piaghe
- La Chiesa Dell'arte Della Seta - Complesso Dei Santi Filippo E Giacomo
- Naples Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 48 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 72 Hours in Naples
- How to Spend 5 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 6 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 7 Days in Naples