San Giovanni Maggiore3 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rampe San Giovanni Maggiore, Naples, Italy
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0812110860
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
There may have been a Greek or Roman temple on this location before the 4th century church was built. Some way Emperor Constantine had it built in gratitude that his daughter was saved from shipwreck. In 1656 it was given a Baroque facelift, but the church kept getting damaged heavily by earthquakes. Finally they gave the church a wooden ceiling. See the damaged but still impressive main altar, the ancient church’s apse, statues of Costantino and his daughter Costanza, 16th-century fresco depicting Madonna and St Pete and the various other art and marble work.
Entrance Ticket Details For San Giovanni Maggiore
- EUR 7 for age of 65+
- EUR 6 for under age of 18years.
How to Reach San Giovanni Maggiore
- Buses 202, 460, 601, E1, N1, N3, R2 stop Umberto I-capocc I-Cardocenter Centro Medico
- Subway L1 stop Universita
- Buses 150, 151, 601, C25 stop Marchese Campodisola-Il Pomodorino
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.