Santa Caterina A Formiello, Naples
About Santa Caterina A Formiello, Naples
Santa Caterina A Formiello, Naples - Address, Phone Number
Address: Piazza Enrico de Nicola, 49, Napoli, Italy
Time Required: 00:20 Mins
Timings: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 30 times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This 1510 Renaissance style Latin cross church was one of the first churches in the city to have a dome. The walls inside have been frescoed, some in Mannerist style. Tombs of the Spinelli family surround the church altar; the altar was commissioned by them. The chapels all contain lovely art work as well, but the most interesting of them is the the chapel of St James, containing the remains of 240 Martyrs of Otranto, who were killed for refusing to convert to Islam.
Santa Caterina A Formiello Opening and Closing Hours
- Holiday Hours : 9am-1:30pm
How To reach Santa Caterina A Formiello by Public Transport
- Subway 3, 4 stop Piazza Garibaldi
- Subway L1, L2 stop Garibaldi
- Buses 075, 076 stop Napoli Garibaldi
- Buses 116, 156, 172, 174, 175, 192, 194, 475, 616 stop Galileo Ferraris-sede INPS
- Bus E2 stop De Nicola-tribunale
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Santa Caterina A Formiello, Naples Reviews - Write a Review
Excellent church where you can find several tombs of local nobility with effigies of deceased in full suits of armor. Admission is free but any donation is welcomed and highly appreciated.
Very nice church on the inside. Worth a visit.
Una delle chiese più belle e meno conosciute di Napoli.
Bella ma semiabbandonata. Non male
Una Chiesa storica...da visitare assolutamente
- Nearby Attractions
- Vico Santa Maria Degli Angeli Alle Croci
- Rex Lifestyle Hotel In Napoli
- Hotel Neapolis
- La Bersagliera
- Grand Hotel Vesuvio
- Pizza Gourmet Giuseppe Vesi
- Hotel Ideal
- Pescheria Di Napoli
- Eurostars Hotel Excelsior
- Naples Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 48 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 72 Hours in Naples
- How to Spend 5 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 6 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 7 Days in Naples