Santa Caterina A FormielloCurrently Closed
- Address: Piazza Enrico de Nicola, 49, Napoli, Italy, Naples
- Timings: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-081444297
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This 1510 Renaissance style Latin cross church was one of the first churches in the city to have a dome. The walls inside have been frescoed, some in Mannerist style. Tombs of the Spinelli family surround the church altar; the altar was commissioned by them. The chapels all contain lovely art work as well, but the most interesting of them is the the chapel of St James, containing the remains of 240 Martyrs of Otranto, who were killed for refusing to convert to Islam.
- Holiday Hours : 9am-1:30pm
- Subway 3, 4 stop Piazza Garibaldi
- Subway L1, L2 stop Garibaldi
- Buses 075, 076 stop Napoli Garibaldi
- Buses 116, 156, 172, 174, 175, 192, 194, 475, 616 stop Galileo Ferraris-sede INPS
- Bus E2 stop De Nicola-tribunale
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Nice little church.
Excellent church where you can find several tombs of local nobility with effigies of deceased in full suits of armor. Admission is free but any donation is welcomed and highly appreciated.
Very nice church on the inside. Worth a visit.
La chiesa è a croce Latina ad una navata e cinque cappelle ai due lati molto bella con arredi e affreschi