Corkscrew Swamp SanctuaryCurrently Closed
- Address: 375 Sanctuary Road West, Naples FL 34120, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Forest, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Nature
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary - Review
This is a National Audubon Society Sanctuary that was mainly set up to protect and conserve the largest remaining stands of Bald cypress and Pond Cypress. These were continuously getting damaged in the continuous logging in the mid- 20th century.
This beautiful piece of nature is not very big but is definitely a true escape from the hustles of city. It is the Gateway Site for the Great Florida Birding Trail.
- The main attraction of this sanctuary is the board walk. Along this you can walk over pine flat woods, wet prairies, pond cypress, bald cypress and marshy terrains.
- You will find storks and other beautiful wetland birds over here.
- Special species include limpkin, barred owl, swallow- tailed kite, American alligators and cotton mouth.
- The visitor center of this sanctuary has a Living Machine demonstration site.
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary Information
- Pets are not allowed.
- The board walk closes at 4:30 PM everyday.
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary Ticket Prices
- Full-time college student with photo ID: USD 6
- National Audubon Society member with current membership card: USD 6
- Student (6-18 years old): USD 4
- Children under 6: free
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
93.72% of people who visit Naples include Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary in their plan
89.66% of people start their Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary Trips
1 View9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Miami, Naples, Miami Beach from Sao PauloBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Miami, Naples, Miami Beach
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, Naples Reviews
Great place to hike and exercise. Will burn tons of calories. Whole round is about 12 miles, a bit long, especially with all the gators in the middle of the trails. Expect to see and/or walk around them because they WILL be there at the right time. I personally have never had a bad experience there and no one else I’ve hiked with or met there, but never get too close, just in case.
Went there towards the end of the summer. The bugs we're not that bad. The boardwalk is well maintained. Still some damage from Hurricane Irma present in the trees and the boardwalk. We got to see the ghost orchid in the Cypress tree. It is well worth the price of admission. You can actually walk thru a Cypress swamp without getting into the swamp. I will recommend this place to all of my friends and colleagues.
Southwest Florida the way it used to be! Audubon has done a great job preserving things while still allowing folks to view this incredible piece of nature. Old growth Cypress trees are awe inspiring.
Excellent for spotting wildlife or just chilling out. Some great birding even at this time of year. Helpful friendly staff, gift shop well stocked and small cafe.
This place is just beautiful and peaceful. Great to go alone if you just want a walk to center yourself or with a small group to enjoy a beautiful eco system. The place is very well maintained (keep in mind this is a swamp and things weather quickly) definitely recommend!