This is a National Audubon Society Sanctuary that was mainly set up to protect and conserve the largest remaining stands of Bald cypress and Pond Cypress. These were continuously getting damaged in the continuous logging in the mid- 20th century.
This beautiful piece of nature is not very big but is definitely a true escape from the hustles of city. It is the Gateway Site for the Great Florida Birding Trail.
- The main attraction of this sanctuary is the board walk. Along this you can walk over pine flat woods, wet prairies, pond cypress, bald cypress and marshy terrains.
- You will find storks and other beautiful wetland birds over here.
- Special species include limpkin, barred owl, swallow- tailed kite, American alligators and cotton mouth.
- The visitor center of this sanctuary has a Living Machine demonstration site.
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary Travel Tips
- Pets are not allowed.
- The board walk closes at 4:30 PM everyday.
Entrance Ticket Details For Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
- Full-time college student with photo ID: USD 6
- National Audubon Society member with current membership card: USD 6
- Student (6-18 years old): USD 4
- Children under 6: free
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
56.2% of people who visit Naples include Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary in their plan
89.66% of people start their Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary Reviews & Ratings
What is entry price for seniorsAnswer Report Abuse
I do not think there is a separate entry fee for seniors but the regular entry fee for adults is around USD 14.Report Abuse
I was at the Santuary Monday - April 1. I lost my glasses. Did anyone turn in my prescriptive glasses.Answer Report Abuse
I suggest you contact the staff at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary and inquire about your glasses. You may call on (239) 348-9151 and ask about it.Report Abuse