Corkscrew Swamp SanctuaryCurrently Closed
- Address: 375 Sanctuary Road West, Naples FL 34120, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Forest, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Nature
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary - Review
This is a National Audubon Society Sanctuary that was mainly set up to protect and conserve the largest remaining stands of Bald cypress and Pond Cypress. These were continuously getting damaged in the continuous logging in the mid- 20th century.
This beautiful piece of nature is not very big but is definitely a true escape from the hustles of city. It is the Gateway Site for the Great Florida Birding Trail.
- The main attraction of this sanctuary is the board walk. Along this you can walk over pine flat woods, wet prairies, pond cypress, bald cypress and marshy terrains.
- You will find storks and other beautiful wetland birds over here.
- Special species include limpkin, barred owl, swallow- tailed kite, American alligators and cotton mouth.
- The visitor center of this sanctuary has a Living Machine demonstration site.
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary Information
- Pets are not allowed.
- The board walk closes at 4:30 PM everyday.
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary Ticket Prices
- Full-time college student with photo ID: USD 6
- National Audubon Society member with current membership card: USD 6
- Student (6-18 years old): USD 4
- Children under 6: free
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
95% of people who visit Naples include Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
81.59% of people start their Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary Map
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary Trips
1 View9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Miami, Naples, Miami Beach from Sao PauloBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Miami, Naples, Miami Beach
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, Naples Reviews
Went there towards the end of the summer. The bugs we're not that bad. The boardwalk is well maintained. Still some damage from Hurricane Irma present in the trees and the boardwalk. We got to see the ghost orchid in the Cypress tree. It is well worth the price of admission. You can actually walk thru a Cypress swamp without getting into the swamp. I will recommend this place to all of my friends and colleagues.
A morning well spent! The swamp was very peaceful and beautiful. The first half of the trail was mainly just the grasslands and trees, we were able to spot a lot of birds including some hawks and a hummingbird. The back half does get crowded but we saw alligators, spoon bills, ibis, wood storks and several other birds and reptiles. It was a lot of fun and a great wildlife preserve.
Highly recommend. Very cool boardwalk, saw all kinds birds, gators, snakes and reptiles. Naturalists on the boardwalk to help you and make sure you don't miss anything. We luckily timed our visit during a bit of a feeding frenzy at the end of the dry season. Took some stunning pictures. Make sure your camera is well charged. It's full of beautiful scenery and wildlife.
Fantastic boardwalk through an area that is the closest thing to Jurassic Park you will ever see. 2+ miles of boardwalk going in and out of the cypress. Lots of good signage. Lots of photo opportunities. Heard lots of animals but only really saw lizards. Saw the splash from one alligator. The rains came up quickly and land that was dry was soon under a foot water. Very interesting to be there at that moment. Nice gift shop. Pleasant people. Everyone should go.
A great day for the family. Since my kids were young, we made an annual pilgrimage to this amazing nature center. It is beautiful and enthralling...
All QuestionsCorkscrew swamp sanctuary
- Bird Gardens Of Naples
- Crew Land And Water Trust- Bird Rookery Swamp Trails
- Rockin'N Stables
- Kowiachobee Animal Preserve
- Doubletree By Hilton Naples
- Naples Gun Range And Emporium
- The Holocaust Museum And Education Center Southwest Florida
- Celebration Community Beach Church - Outdoor Church. Dogs Welcome. Church Service At Cambier Park.
- The Village On Venetian Bay