Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens, Naples
About Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens, Naples
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens, Naples - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1590 Goodlette-Frank Rd, Naples, FL 34102, United States
Ticket Price: 19 USD
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.9K times in trip plans
Garden, Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The zoo was opened in 1969 as a part of an initiative to redevelop and modify a botanical garden. This garden was the private property of botanist Dr. Henry Nehrling. These gardens were completely neglected after the death of Nehrling and so it was reopened by Julius Fleischmann and animals were added to it. At present the collection of this zoo is not large but around 70 species of animals that are permanent.
The best attractions of this zoo are:
- Alligator Bay: This is a lake which serves as a home for American alligators and you will also find herons out here.
- African Oasis: This is on the opposite side of the Alligator Bay and comprises of Africans animals such as crested porcupines, dorcas gazelles, greater kudus, miniature zebus, impala, African Grey Parrots, etc.
- Leopard Rock: Here you can spot gorgeous black spotted leopards. There is also a ‘kopje’ on which they climb and play and this whole part is surrounded by glass walls.
- Lake Victoria: This Lake comprises of a number of islands and here we find the primates of the zoo. Most of the species are now endangered. The best way to explore this area is by taking the short Victoria Lake Cruise is one of the catamarans of the zoo.
- Lion’s Hair: This is a large area where the lions of the zoo stay.
- Fossas of Madagascar: This is where you will find the Fosas which is not found anywhere else in the Northeast.
- Black Bear Hammock: In this place stays large bears and is covered with a wall of glass. This is the largest bear exhibit east of the Mississippi River.
- Tiger Forest: This is a natural bamboo forest with Malayan tigers.
- Backyard Habitat: This place is certified by The National Wildlife Federation. You will find a lake full of various fishes here.
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens Information
- Regular shows and interactive programs are hosted in the Safari Canyon Open Air Theater.
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens Ticket Prices
- USD 18.95 (65+), USD 12.95 (3-12 years), USD 12.95 (military with ID)
- Free for the children of 2 years and below.
- Free Entry for the members.
- The last tickets are sold at 4:00 PM.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens, Naples Reviews - Write a Review
Unfortunately we had been disappointed by another zoo and the lack of animals but Naples Zoo was a truly beautiful experience. They really thought out this zoo layout. I can't really even call it a zoo but more of a preservation for the animals. First of all, the grounds (plants and trees) give beautiful scenery and some good shade as well. The grounds are well maintained. You can feed the birds along the way and for the kiddies they can change their coins into zoo coins. Although the zoo is small I actually preferred it because we were able to see all of the animals and most of the shows in half the time it usually takes to walk a zoo. They also had shows that allowed you to see and get more information on some of the animals outside of their areas. The boat ride to see the monkeys is also very peaceful. You can feed the giraffes for $5 as well (those giraffes are HUGE!). It was well worth the trip and we saw most of the animals! There is also a food store and a gift shop. We got a giraffe necklace and flamingo earrings (too cute!). They do a great job with this zoo!
We went just for the giraffe-feeding experience and it was well worth it! The cashier woman knew that we were going there just for that and rushing out to the airport. She was kind enough to give us a rain-check with full admission paid for our next visit. Giraffes will not always eat! Make sure it is before their normal feedings or well after feedings.
If your looking to walk in a garden type atmosphere it was good. As far animals and zoo it self wasn’t very good. Only good thing was boat ride and camel ride. Both were extra cost and very expensive for family of 3. Cost about $58 just to get in and everything else was extra. Over all if your looking to make a donation it was worth it for that.
Naples zoo people does a great job. It's clean, safe and free every first Sunday of the month. Don't miss it
Such a perfect little Zoo for the small kiddos and babies, takes less than a half day to see everything. Feeding the giraffes was the best thing we have ever experienced and it's only $5. They also give military discount!! Very clean and the staff are very friendly, I would recommend this Zoo to anyone!! I'm so glad we went!
- Nearby Attractions
- The Holocaust Museum And Education Center Southwest Florida
- Naples Historical Society's Historic Palm Cottage
- Celebration Community Beach Church
- The Village On Venetian Bay
- Rockin'N Stables
- Von Liebig Art Center
- Toucan's World
- Museum Of Military Memorabilia
- Eagle Lakes Community Park
- Orange Grove Trail
- Naples Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 48 Hours in Naples
- What to See in 72 Hours in Naples
- How to Spend 5 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 6 Days in Naples
- How to Spend 7 Days in Naples