Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens416 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 1590 Goodlette-Frank Rd, Naples, FL 34102, United States, 34102
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2392625409
- Ticket Price: 19 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Zoo, Family And Kids, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
The zoo was opened in 1969 as a part of an initiative to redevelop and modify a botanical garden. This garden was the private property of botanist Dr. Henry Nehrling. These gardens were completely neglected after the death of Nehrling and so it was reopened by Julius Fleischmann and animals were added to it. At present the collection of this zoo is not large but around 70 species of animals that are permanent.
The best attractions of this zoo are:
- Alligator Bay: This is a lake which serves as a home for American alligators and you will also find herons out here.
- African Oasis: This is on the opposite side of the Alligator Bay and comprises of Africans animals such as crested porcupines, dorcas gazelles, greater kudus, miniature zebus, impala, African Grey Parrots, etc.
- Leopard Rock: Here you can spot gorgeous black spotted leopards. There is also a ‘kopje’ on which they climb and play and this whole part is surrounded by glass walls.
- Lake Victoria: This Lake comprises of a number of islands and here we find the primates of the zoo. Most of the species are now endangered. The best way to explore this area is by taking the short Victoria Lake Cruise is one of the catamarans of the zoo.
- Lion’s Hair: This is a large area where the lions of the zoo stay.
- Fossas of Madagascar: This is where you will find the Fosas which is not found anywhere else in the Northeast.
- Black Bear Hammock: In this place stays large bears and is covered with a wall of glass. This is the largest bear exhibit east of the Mississippi River.
- Tiger Forest: This is a natural bamboo forest with Malayan tigers.
- Backyard Habitat: This place is certified by The National Wildlife Federation. You will find a lake full of various fishes here.
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens Travel Tips
- Regular shows and interactive programs are hosted in the Safari Canyon Open Air Theater.
Entrance Ticket Details For Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
- USD 18.95 (65+), USD 12.95 (3-12 years), USD 12.95 (military with ID)
- Free for the children of 2 years and below.
- Free Entry for the members.
- The last tickets are sold at 4:00 PM.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
79.85% of people who visit Naples include Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.73% of people start their Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens Reviews & Ratings
Naples Zoo is a great place to take kids. They have quite a few events and animals are usually out where you can see them. They have tours you can take all day. You can meet the keepers and watch shows with animals as well. I went with my Girl Scout troop 4 days ago and when the trip ended they all wanted to go back soon. The staff there was amazing and interacted with my girls really well. Really fun trip overall!
Really nice little zoo. We had an excellent time walking the grounds and seeing the animals even though it was like 100 degrees... Some of the unique points of interest at the zoo are the Ibis that are walking around pretty much everywhere, the monkey island boat ride, and the giraffe feeding. The kids loved the opportunity to more directly interact with the animals.
We always love coming to this zoo when we are visiting Florida to see the different animals and hear updates on what this zoo is doing with their conservation programs and animals. The keeper talks are great to make it to, to learn more about the care and habits of a specific animal and to be able to ask questions. The shows in the Safari theater are fun as well, you get to see some animals and hear more about them. It's always a different theme. This isn't a big zoo, but they definitely have some great animals, a ton of exotic plants and trees that are all labeled, and fun experiences that I feel make it worth the visit. Everything is outdoor, so plan accordingly.
Very well taken care of zoo. You can feed giraffes, and talk to Macaws. They do meet the keepers throughout the day at the animal exhibits, so if you want to know more about your favorite lion or monkey, make sure to stop and listen to one if those. Strongly recommend the primate cruise expedition. Seeing the monkeys playing around really puts a smile on your face.
Naples Zoo was a beautiful quaint place to visit on our trip in October. We felt the prices were reasonable and the variety of animals was great. The grounds are beautiful and the staff we interacted with were all knowledgeable and helpful. A great experience!