Naples Zoo At Caribbean GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: 1590 Goodlette-Frank Rd, Naples, FL 34102, United States, 34102
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2392625409
- Ticket Price: 19 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Zoo, Family And Kids, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
The zoo was opened in 1969 as a part of an initiative to redevelop and modify a botanical garden. This garden was the private property of botanist Dr. Henry Nehrling. These gardens were completely neglected after the death of Nehrling and so it was reopened by Julius Fleischmann and animals were added to it. At present the collection of this zoo is not large but around 70 species of animals that are permanent.
The best attractions of this zoo are:
- Alligator Bay: This is a lake which serves as a home for American alligators and you will also find herons out here.
- African Oasis: This is on the opposite side of the Alligator Bay and comprises of Africans animals such as crested porcupines, dorcas gazelles, greater kudus, miniature zebus, impala, African Grey Parrots, etc.
- Leopard Rock: Here you can spot gorgeous black spotted leopards. There is also a ‘kopje’ on which they climb and play and this whole part is surrounded by glass walls.
- Lake Victoria: This Lake comprises of a number of islands and here we find the primates of the zoo. Most of the species are now endangered. The best way to explore this area is by taking the short Victoria Lake Cruise is one of the catamarans of the zoo.
- Lion’s Hair: This is a large area where the lions of the zoo stay.
- Fossas of Madagascar: This is where you will find the Fosas which is not found anywhere else in the Northeast.
- Black Bear Hammock: In this place stays large bears and is covered with a wall of glass. This is the largest bear exhibit east of the Mississippi River.
- Tiger Forest: This is a natural bamboo forest with Malayan tigers.
- Backyard Habitat: This place is certified by The National Wildlife Federation. You will find a lake full of various fishes here.
- Regular shows and interactive programs are hosted in the Safari Canyon Open Air Theater.
- USD 18.95 (65+), USD 12.95 (3-12 years), USD 12.95 (military with ID)
- Free for the children of 2 years and below.
- Free Entry for the members.
- The last tickets are sold at 4:00 PM.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Naples include Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.73% of people start their Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
Great place to enjoy some family time! Very clean, the botanical gardens are amazing. Definitely recommend if you're in the area to stop by, they offer active military as well as Veterans a special rate that you can share with 6 others in your group. A fun friendly staff, beautiful location, what's not to love!
The 1st of the month is free for Collier County residents. How lovely and what a wonderful zoo. Well kept. Friendly volunteers/ staff. Nice, natural habitat for the animals. It really shows how.much the zoo cares for the animals. Very educational. It is too bad that they don't offer everyday discounts for Collier County Residents so we can take visitors there without breaking the bank. Would really like to share this gem but can get costly. In Hawaii they offer " Kamaina" rates for residents for almost all attractions. Tourists pay full price. A win- win situation and keeps business flowing year round, not just during high season.
Despite being built in the 60s this is a great zoo doing great work in the wildlife world, all the keeper and volunteers where helpful and friendly , we stayed all day taking in the very informative talks. The animals take cover at the hottest time of the day but hang about long enough be patient and it will pay off, we had some amazing views and interactions with animals. To say they are not a breeding zoo with all the labs etc that come with that type of zoo these guys and gals seem to be trying real hard for just tourist attraction zoo. Well worth the entrance fee. The gardens are amazing some spectacular specimens, would love them to have funds to extend the enclosures that is my only negative point.
The Naples Zoo is hands down the best zoo I’ve visited. While it’s not as large as some of the major national zoos, you get an up-close and personal experience and are able to lear a lot about the animals and conservation efforts they support. Although I no longer live in Naples, I have an annual membership and visit every time I am in town to see my family. Very clean, the animals appear happy and well cared for, and they offer a number of special events. Definitely a must-visit if you’re in Naples or the surrounding area!
Had a great time! Our local Zoo is St. Louis and one of the best in the us, it is also free! Not that I was expecting it to be anything like our zoo but the price was $42 for two adults. The boat ride was really neat to the primate islands but it is a really small area you are in the boat for about 10 mins but it was still cool. It really wasn't busy at all and you can see the animals well. I would say that it was worth doing once but not sure I would spend the money to do it again.