Naples Zoo At Caribbean GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: 1590 Goodlette-Frank Rd, Naples, FL 34102, United States, 34102
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2392625409
- Ticket Price: 19 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Zoo, Family And Kids, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens - Review
The zoo was opened in 1969 as a part of an initiative to redevelop and modify a botanical garden. This garden was the private property of botanist Dr. Henry Nehrling. These gardens were completely neglected after the death of Nehrling and so it was reopened by Julius Fleischmann and animals were added to it. At present the collection of this zoo is not large but around 70 species of animals that are permanent.
The best attractions of this zoo are:
- Alligator Bay: This is a lake which serves as a home for American alligators and you will also find herons out here.
- African Oasis: This is on the opposite side of the Alligator Bay and comprises of Africans animals such as crested porcupines, dorcas gazelles, greater kudus, miniature zebus, impala, African Grey Parrots, etc.
- Leopard Rock: Here you can spot gorgeous black spotted leopards. There is also a ‘kopje’ on which they climb and play and this whole part is surrounded by glass walls.
- Lake Victoria: This Lake comprises of a number of islands and here we find the primates of the zoo. Most of the species are now endangered. The best way to explore this area is by taking the short Victoria Lake Cruise is one of the catamarans of the zoo.
- Lion’s Hair: This is a large area where the lions of the zoo stay.
- Fossas of Madagascar: This is where you will find the Fosas which is not found anywhere else in the Northeast.
- Black Bear Hammock: In this place stays large bears and is covered with a wall of glass. This is the largest bear exhibit east of the Mississippi River.
- Tiger Forest: This is a natural bamboo forest with Malayan tigers.
- Backyard Habitat: This place is certified by The National Wildlife Federation. You will find a lake full of various fishes here.
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens Information
- Regular shows and interactive programs are hosted in the Safari Canyon Open Air Theater.
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens Ticket Prices
- USD 18.95 (65+), USD 12.95 (3-12 years), USD 12.95 (military with ID)
- Free for the children of 2 years and below.
- Free Entry for the members.
- The last tickets are sold at 4:00 PM.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
95% of people who visit Naples include Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.73% of people start their Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens Trips
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens, Naples Reviews
As a single father of a young son I have had the greatest experiences here. My mother lives in Naples and we always go here despite the fact Florida has plenty of wildlife you don’t have to pay to see. We love it because the staff is very friendly and the gift shop is very nice but a little pricey. It’s worth it though. They keep this place clean and have workers walking around everywhere to help answer questions or tell you not to go a certain way and keeping the grounds clean. If I could upload a video on this the windows are so clean between you and the animals that I fooled my friends into thinking I was standing without fear a foot away from a bear and I jokingly taunted it and it looked real and they believed me until I told them I was kidding. You can feed the giraffes with lettuce for cheap and that is fun for my son and I. They have boats to travel around the zoo with a guide talking although it’s hot or miss if you’ll see anything spectacular and that part is mostly monkeys, the alligators are in a separate area. I would like to see better views of the alligators because they are so close but the bushes and grass make it hard to see the close ones. They have shaded areas and snacks to buy. Great snow comes for the heat. Last time we went they had two people dressed up as iron man and captain America which was fun for my son and I. It was when one of the captain America movies had recently come out so it attracted a lot of people but the lines never were too long and they were very polite. The heat is a pain and make sure you are prepared unless it’s cold or raining and if that’s the case they close a lot of things so plan it carefully. The captain America and iron man are our most recent experience here but everything is the same when I’ve visited besides that attraction.
I really want it to go here!! Finally we did. I was not able to admire the lions and the leopard cause they were hiding from the sun. 😣 But I saw their tails!!! 😂 Was sad to see the Florida panther, but good to see that is in a good place now. Is a small but cute zoo. And people who work here is nice and professional. I will go back definitely.
My sister in law and I took our nephews on the free Saturday in Aug 2018. It was a nice trip. They had cops in case your children got away and could not find you and the animals were actually out sleeping or walking for most part of the time. They took away the camel's and said the are not coming back I hope they put something great there as I am a yearly member as well. They also got rid of penguin exhibit and was not sure at that time if they would return. I hope so. The boat rides are always the longest lines and probably my only thing I don't do. It's okay though. We had a great time a day day got lots of videos and pictures brought out lunch and the boys got to play in the "big" park before we left. Good job Naples zoo
Growing up with the wonderfully free Saint Louis Zoo and then the huge Miami Metro Zoo, I have pretty high expectations for zoos. I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of animal exhibits the Naples Zoo contains-- though there is an immense need for a giraffes exhibit upgrade. ($25 per person, per visit, but only concrete blocks and minimal sunlight coverage for the largest animals at the zoo? Something seems off.) Aside from the giraffes, the rest of the animals seem well cared for, and the keepers are all very knowledgeable about their animals. I will also say that this zoo gives its patrons the single closet view to the aninals I've ever experienced. Also, we became members after the first visit...so it's worth it.
I was very impressed with his Zoo it was super clean and well signed. the people who work there seem knowledgeable and like I enjoyed their job. I would have easily given this place 5 Stars if I didn't have to pay to get in. Also the size of this Zoo is little small. we were a party of 6 and we got through everything they had to offer within 4 to 5 hours. Health plan on spending all day here.