Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens416 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1590 Goodlette-Frank Rd, Naples, FL 34102, United States, 34102
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2392625409
- Ticket Price: 19 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Zoo, Family And Kids, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
The zoo was opened in 1969 as a part of an initiative to redevelop and modify a botanical garden. This garden was the private property of botanist Dr. Henry Nehrling. These gardens were completely neglected after the death of Nehrling and so it was reopened by Julius Fleischmann and animals were added to it. At present the collection of this zoo is not large but around 70 species of animals that are permanent.
The best attractions of this zoo are:
- Alligator Bay: This is a lake which serves as a home for American alligators and you will also find herons out here.
- African Oasis: This is on the opposite side of the Alligator Bay and comprises of Africans animals such as crested porcupines, dorcas gazelles, greater kudus, miniature zebus, impala, African Grey Parrots, etc.
- Leopard Rock: Here you can spot gorgeous black spotted leopards. There is also a ‘kopje’ on which they climb and play and this whole part is surrounded by glass walls.
- Lake Victoria: This Lake comprises of a number of islands and here we find the primates of the zoo. Most of the species are now endangered. The best way to explore this area is by taking the short Victoria Lake Cruise is one of the catamarans of the zoo.
- Lion’s Hair: This is a large area where the lions of the zoo stay.
- Fossas of Madagascar: This is where you will find the Fosas which is not found anywhere else in the Northeast.
- Black Bear Hammock: In this place stays large bears and is covered with a wall of glass. This is the largest bear exhibit east of the Mississippi River.
- Tiger Forest: This is a natural bamboo forest with Malayan tigers.
- Backyard Habitat: This place is certified by The National Wildlife Federation. You will find a lake full of various fishes here.
Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens Travel Tips
- Regular shows and interactive programs are hosted in the Safari Canyon Open Air Theater.
Entrance Ticket Details For Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
- USD 18.95 (65+), USD 12.95 (3-12 years), USD 12.95 (military with ID)
- Free for the children of 2 years and below.
- Free Entry for the members.
- The last tickets are sold at 4:00 PM.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Naples before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Naples and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.36% of people who visit Naples include Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.73% of people start their Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Naples Zoo At Caribbean Gardens