Kasuga - Taisha927 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 160 Kasuganocho, Nara, Nara Prefecture 630-8212, Japan
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-742227788
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Claimed to be one of the best Shinto shrines in Japan, the Kasuga Taisha or the Kasuga Grand Shrine was originally the royal shrine of the powerful Fujiwara family and was founded in the year 768. As per Shinto concepts of purity, the temple was torn down and rebuilt every 20 years in its original form until 1863. The shrine features vermilion coloured pillars and houses an astounding 3,000 stone and bronze lanterns. These lanterns were donated over the years by common people as tokens of faith and thankfulness. They are lit during Lantern festivals. Located a short walk from the Kasuga Shrine main complex is the Kasuga Taisha Shinen Manyo Botanical Garden. The garden displays about 250 kinds of plants. The shrine grounds also contain a Treasure House which displays the shrine's relics.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kasuga - Taisha
- Inner area of Kasuga Taisha- ¥500
- Botanical Garden- ¥500
- Treasure House- ¥400
Kasuga - Taisha Hours
Kasuga – Taisha
- April to September- 6 a.m to 6 p.m.
- October to March- 6.30 a.m to 5.30 p.m.
- March to November- 9 a.m to 5 p.m.
- December to February- 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Closed on Mondays in the months from December to February.
- 9 a.m to 5 p.m.
How to Reach Kasuga - Taisha
- Kintetsu Nara Station
- JR Nara Station
- Kasuga Taisha Honden bus stop
- Small eateries present within the temple premises.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nara and book an accommodation of your choice.
28.86% of people who visit Nara include Kasuga - Taisha in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
40% of people start their Kasuga - Taisha visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Kasuga - Taisha
93.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kasuga - Taisha