The Nara National Museum is located in Nara Park and is an art museum which primarily displays Japanese Buddhist art. It was established in the year 1889 and still retains its original building. Later, a new wing was constructed and was connected to the original building by an underground passage. The museum's permanent collection includes Buddhist statues, paintings, scrolls and ceremonial objects mainly from Japan. It also houses temporary exhibitions throughout the year.
Entrance Ticket Details For Nara National Museum
- Adults- ¥520, College Students- ¥260.
- School children and below- Free.
- Seniors (70+, ID Required)- Free.
- People with disability- Free.
- Group discounts apply for groups of people more than 20.
- Discount for couples on the 22nd of every month.
How to Reach Nara National Museum
- Kintetsu Nara Station
- Himuro Jinja & Kokuritsu Hakubutsukan bus stop
- Restaurant within the museum.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nara and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.18% of people who visit Nara include Nara National Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
38.46% of people start their Nara National Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Nara National Museum
54.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nara National Museum