How to Reach Nara
How to reach Nara
HOW TO GET TO NARA
- By Air: Having no airport of its own, flights to Nara city land at the Kansai International Airport.
- By Train: Regular express trains as well as local trains run to and from Osaka and Kyoto to Nara. If you are visiting from other parts of Japan, board a shinkansen (bullet train) for Kyoto and then board a local or an express train from Kyoto to Nara.
- By Boat: Frequent busses run between Nara and nearby cities and towns.
HOW TO GET AROUND NARA
- By Bus: The bus network of Nara is well connected and has regular interval busses running between different parts of the city. They also connect railway stations of Nara.
- By Bicycle: The best way to travel around Nara is by bicycle. Bike rentals cost anywhere between ¥500 to ¥700 a day.
- By Taxi: Hiring a taxi is possible. However, it proves to be costly when compared to bus and bicycle.
- By Walking: Nara is a very compact city and can easily be explored on foot.
Modes of Transportation in Nara
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nara. The most preferred mode of transport in Nara is Walking.
Average distance: 20.67 km Average time: 44.33 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 1 min Driving 1 min Overall average time for 1 kms 2 min
Tram/Streetcar 33.33%Tram 30 min Train 15 min Walking 15 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 30 kms 70 min
Train/Metro 33.33%Train 45 min Walking 14 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 31 kms 61 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Kobe
- How To Reach Himeji
- How To Reach Sendai-shi
- How To Reach Nagaoka
- How To Reach Takayama
- How To Reach Chiba
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Tokyo
- How To Reach Kyoto
- How To Reach Osaka
- How To Reach Hiroshima
- How To Reach Nagoya-shi
- How To Reach Narita
- How To Reach Kanazawa-shi
- How To Reach Nikko
- How To Reach Hakone
- How To Reach Sapporo-shi