How to Reach Nara
HOW TO GET TO NARA
- By Air: Having no airport of its own, flights to Nara city land at the Kansai International Airport.
- By Train: Regular express trains as well as local trains run to and from Osaka and Kyoto to Nara. If you are visiting from other parts of Japan, board a shinkansen (bullet train) for Kyoto and then board a local or an express train from Kyoto to Nara.
- By Boat: Frequent busses run between Nara and nearby cities and towns.
HOW TO GET AROUND NARA
- By Bus: The bus network of Nara is well connected and has regular interval busses running between different parts of the city. They also connect railway stations of Nara.
- By Bicycle: The best way to travel around Nara is by bicycle. Bike rentals cost anywhere between ¥500 to ¥700 a day.
- By Taxi: Hiring a taxi is possible. However, it proves to be costly when compared to bus and bicycle.
- By Walking: Nara is a very compact city and can easily be explored on foot.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nara. The most preferred mode of transport in Nara is Bike.
Average distance: 13.4 km Average time: 34.2 min
Bike 40%Bike 14 min Walking 2.5 min Other 2.5 min Overall average time for 2.5 kms 19 min
Train/Metro 20%Train 45 min Walking 14 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 31 kms 61 min
Walking 20%Walking 1 min Driving 1 min Overall average time for 1 kms 2 min
Tram/Streetcar 20%Tram 30 min Train 15 min Walking 15 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 30 kms 70 min
|Kyoto to Nara||26.98 km||26 mins|
|Osaka-shi to Nara||36.48 km||36 mins|
|Nagoya-shi to Nara||126.16 km||2 hours 6 mins|
|Hamamatsu to Nara||211.49 km||3 hours 31 mins|
|Sagamihara to Nara||400.44 km||6 hours 40 mins|
|Hyatt regency tokyo to Nara||437.04 km||7 hours 17 mins|
|Tokyo to Nara||441.77 km||7 hours 21 mins|
|Tokyo station to Nara||445.15 km||7 hours 25 mins|
|Seoul to Nara||1006.17 km||16 hours 46 mins|
|Taoyuan city to Nara||1744.9 km||29 hours 4 mins|
* Some of the data on this page is powered by Numbeo