Are you looking for what to do in Nara?
Places to visit in Nara are few but worth the trip. Here are a few recommendations:
- Todai Ji: The Todai ji is one of Japan's most famous and historically significant temples. It is a landmark in Nara.
- Nara Park: Established in the year 1880, Nara Park is located at the centre of the city of Nara. It extends about 4 kilometres from east to west and around 2 kilometres from south to north. The park is home to around 1200 deer that roam around freely on the grounds.
- Kofuku Ji: Kofuku ji is one of the head temples of the Hosso sect of Buddhism. The temple was established in Nara in the year 710.
- Kasuga- taisha: Claimed to be one of the best Shinto shrines in Japan, the Kasuga Taisha or the Kasuga Grand Shrine was originally the royal shrine of the powerful Fujiwara family and was founded in the year 768.
- Toshodai-Ji: Toshodai ji temple was founded in the year 759 by Ganjin, a Chinese priest who was invited to Japan by the emperor.
Other Nara tourist attractions include Yakushi-ji, Nara National Museum, Sarusawa-ike, Mount Wakakusa, Isuien Garden , Nara city Naramachi Koshino le and Shin – Yakushi-ji.
Below we have a list of things to do in Nara and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Nara getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Nara with confidence.