Visit Narita - Best of Narita
The God city or a popular layover city, Narita is home to Japan’s largest international airport. Located at a distance of 80 kilometers, this city is filled with opportunities mainly to spend a day or two of layovers or if you are inquisitive about exploring a Japanese small-town. With every season having its own charm in Narita, you can visit this place literally anytime of the year yet be amazed with its natural beauty. From popular cherry blossoms to other pretty flora and fauna cascading the city’s parks, the verdure here will leave you mesmerized. The number of shrines and temples, that encompass majority of the festivals and events here, make Narita a tranquil place to be in. Small enough to explore on foot and bicycle, there are regular bus services to the neighboring cities.
Narita Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Narita tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Japan Standard Time; UTC +9
- Currency: Japanese Yen
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 100 V/50 Hz / 60 Hz. Internet in the form of wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: Japanese is the official language of Narita.
- Security: Dial 119 for police, ambulance or fire brigade.
- Off-beaten Path: If any (non-touristy things to do in city)
- Tipping: Tipping in Japan is not customary. If rejected, do not get offended.
- Tourist Traps: NA
Are you looking for a Narita travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Narita Tourist Information
Popular Hotels in NaritaView all Hotels in Narita
- Chiba Tourism
- Edogawa Tourism
- Tokyo Tourism
- Yokohama-shi Tourism
- Nikko Tourism
- Hakone Tourism
- Maebashi Tourism
- Fujiyoshida Tourism
- Nagaoka Tourism
- Yamagata Prefecture Tourism
- Takayama Tourism
- Sendai-shi Tourism
Facts and Stats for Narita*
Narita: Crime and Safety
How safe is Narita for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Narita.
Safety walking alone during daylight 100 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 100 (Very High)
Living in Narita - Quality of Life
Safety Index 100 (Very High)
Climate Index 80.2 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.