Belle Meade Plantation2232 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 5025 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN 37205, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6153560501
- Ticket Price: 18 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Food And Drinks, Winery, Adults
A magnificent Greek Revival Mansion takes centre stage on Belle Meade Plantation. It used to be one of the South’s largest thoroughbred horse farms. This plantation claims that many great horses can link their ancestry back to this farm. This magnificent Mansion escaped unscathed during the Civil War. There are several buildings for you to tour including the original cabin, carriage houses and stables. The slave cabin exhibit is very informative and the tour concludes with a complimentary wine tasting at the Belle Meade Winery.
Belle Meade has observed centuries of human history. Native tribes used the woods to hunt wild game. Over time European settlers developed a trail and started a trading route throughout the Southeast. In 1806 John Harding purchased land and being a skilled farmer and businessman, he began his new farm. His farm, the Belle Meade Plantation, had diverse operations. To reflect the success of the planation, the house was enlarged. Stucco was applied to cover the red bricks and limestone pillars of Doric order was were established. A two story kitchen extension was also attached to the house via a two level breezeway. Learn history in a more interesting ways than textbook or documentary.
Belle Meade Plantation Travel Tips
- Admission prices subject to change without notice.
- Tours are filled on a first-come-first served basis, upon arrival.
- Tours begin every 30 minutes throughout the day.
- The last tour of each day is 4:00pm.
- Tour reservations are only accepted for groups of 15 or more.
- Tours do sell out at 25 people and all visitors are encouraged to arrive early to enjoy the entire site.
Entrance Ticket Details For Belle Meade Plantation
- Seniors (65+)- USD 16.00, Student (Ages 13-18)- USD 12.00, Youth (Ages 6-12)- USD 10.00.
- Grounds Only- USD 10.00, Family Rate- USD 50.00.
How to Reach Belle Meade Plantation
- Interstate 40 Nashville
- Bus: 10, 5
- The Harding House: American
- Cafe at Belle Meade: American
- Martha's at the Plantation: American
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
50% of people who visit Nashville include Belle Meade Plantation in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.59% of people start their Belle Meade Plantation visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Belle Meade Plantation
92.58% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Belle Meade Plantation
Belle Meade Plantation Reviews & Ratings
How far is Belle Meade from downtown Nashville ?Answer Report Abuse
If you go via I-40 W and US-70S W/Hwy 70 S/Harding Pike, then Belle Meade Plantation is around 9 miles away from downtown Nashville.Report Abuse
Are small dogs welcome?Answer Report Abuse
Not sure. Consider calling them at Belle Meade Plantation contact number 1-6153560501 for information regarding this.Report Abuse