Belmont MansionCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: 1700 Acklen Ave, Nashville, TN 37212, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6154605459
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Mansion
Belmont Mansion will be one of the most memorable during your trip to Nashville. As you approach the mansion, you have to ring the doorbell for the tour. This request is very intimate and unique, makes you think you are visiting someone’s home. This magnificent mansion is situated on the campus of the Belmont University. It is the crown of the quadrangle of college buildings surrounded by stunning grounds. In the past it had a greenhouse, bear house and bowling alley.
The moving spirit behind Belmont Mansion is Adelicia Hayes Franklin Acklen Cheatham. She was married thrice and she was a woman ahead of her time. If you are interested in Civil War history, antebellum homes or the lives of those who lived in that era then Belmont is a must see.
Today her home is used as a tool to help students understand life in the mid-19th century. Belmont Mansion is the largest house museum in Tennessee which revolves around the life of a woman. On the tour, you will visit the following:
- Belmont Mansion
- Lions Entry Drive
- The Fountain
- The Centre Gazebo
- The Water Tower
- They accept all major cards.
- You should have 1 chaperone for every 10 kids (chaperones are free).
- There are some pre-visit activities to help your students get to know Adelicia and the Belmont Mansion.
- There is a gift shop but the mansion is not stroller friendly.
- On individual tours, photography is not allowed.
- On group tour they allow non-flash photography.
- Senior (65 and older): USD 11
- Military--please present I.D.: USD 11
- AAA-Please present AAA Card: USD 10.50
- Group Rate (15 or more people with reservation): USD 10
- Children (6 thru 12): USD 3
- Entry Fee for the Children under Five is Free.
- Wedgewood Ave & 16th Ave EB
- Bus: 35, 93
- Pancake Pantry: American
- Cabana: American
- Kalamata's: Mediterranean
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.32% of people who visit Nashville include Belmont Mansion in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
80% of people start their Belmont Mansion visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Belmont Mansion
80% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Belmont Mansion
I had some spare time to kill while visiting Nashville and decided to take in some historical sites. Belmont didn’t disappoint. The tour guides were very knowledgeable and the tour was very informative. I loved seeing the historical stuff in the house. My favorite was the artwork.
Had a great tour of the mansion! 40% plus of the furnishings are authentic. You definitely get the feeling of opulence of the original owners. I feel this is really a "must see" for anyone visiting Nashville. I think you will be in awe, as we were.
A must see! The story is compelling, the architecture and the decor is so incredible. We only had time for one historical mansion and this one won over the Hermitage. Our tour guide was so knowledgeable and entertaining, very glad we toured.
Currently the house is under restoration. The entry fee accommodates the fact that you can not see the whole thing. What can be seen is very good and we enjoyed the guided tour. Would be 5 stars if we got to see the full tour. They are working on it though. Please keep in mind of when this was posted as the remodel may be finished. Would not hurt to call first.
Good for those interested in the history. Not a plantation tho. Also, you can't walk around and must be part of a tour that takes 60 minutes. Lady who gave the tour was very knowledgeable... Wouldn't recommend it for a quick stop.