Bicentennial Capitol Mall State ParkCurrently Open
- Address: 600 James Robertson Pkwy, Nashville, TN 37243, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-6155320001
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park - Review
The Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park will bring out the poet in you. Step into open manicured green and let the kids run around in sheer delight. It's grand yet modest. It's a versatile space, perfect for getting some green into your life. It's simply gorgeous. The Park is also a history lover’s paradise. There are some very unique spots for weddings and receptions. Celebrate with your loved ones and in the outdoor, serene and calming amphitheatre. The stunning view of the State Capitol Building is a backdrop for tourists who are photo happy.
The Bicentennial Mall features a number of design elements:
- It provides visitors with information on Tennessee history and its natural attractions and landmarks.
- Tennessee Map Plaza which is a 200-foot wide granite map which highlights the counties, rivers, and major roads.
- The Rivers of Tennessee Fountains feature 31 water fountain.
- Tennessee Amphitheatre, a 2000-seat terraced amphitheatre used for special events.
- Court of 3 Stars, a circular plaza made of red, white, and blue granite.
- Surrounding the plaza are 50 columns containing a 95-bell carillon.
- Topography of the Grand Divisions and featuring flora from across the state.
- The Civilian Conservation Corps Memorial.
Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park Information
- The park is perfect for picnics, running, playing with your dog, and they have events here all the time.
- The Mall is the Farmer’s market where you can pick up groceries and other items.
- There is a wonderful food court with a wide range of choice.
- You can rent a bicycle and ride around the park.
- The park is huge, so wear comfortable shoes.
- Ranger-led tours are offered every Wednesday at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
How To reach Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park by Public Transport
- James Robertson Pkwy & 5th Ave N WB- Bus: 19, 22, 42, 60, 61
- James Robertson Pkwy & 8th Ave N WB- Bus: 19, 22, 42
Restaurants Near Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
- Quiznos Sandwich Restaurant: Sandwich
- Varallo’s Restaurant: Breakfast/ Lunch
- Jamaicaway Restaurant & Catering: Jamaican
- The Stock- Yard Restaurant: Steakhouse
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
18.38% of people who visit Nashville include Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
26.83% of people start their Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
82.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park Trips
Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park, Nashville Reviews
Wonderful place for history and great views. A wonderful walk for dogs, kids, the S/O, or even a nice stroll by yourself. Being so close to downtown, definitely worth a visit! (Also a wondering Pokemon Go spot!)
We enjoy this park because of it's proximity to the farmers market and the number of events that happen at the park. There are two water features, a globe and a splash pad area (never seen it on), grassy area, ampitheater, trees, and walking paths. It's a wonderful area for the kids to run after getting some fresh produce or a snack at the market. They also have bikes and scooters available for rent.
We were lucky enough to stumble upon a reenactment of a baseball game from 1864. I know it sounds strange, but it was a lot of fun to watch. The farmers market was huge and all of the vendors were really friendly. There was also an amazing ice cream place in the market building with the restaurants in it. We walked down and let the kids play in the splash pad too, they had a great time with all the other kids. If you like history the walls and sidewalks are full of information about the state, including some interesting quotes.
It was a great place to walk around and learn about the history of Tennessee. A really nice farmers market of local produce. Not over priced and a very good variety of everything. Also a great food court with just about everything you could think or want to eat
Great spot to take out of towners and walk around. The historical timeline with major world events is cool. Stand in the middle of the 3 stars and get great a view of the capital. Stand dead center of the three stars and the echo created by the pillars is a super cool experience. When the fountains are on kids like to play in them and the granite globe is fun for kids to try and get it to rotate. Added a bonus if farmers market is open.