Bicentennial Capitol Mall State ParkCurrently Open
- Address: 600 James Robertson Pkwy, Nashville, TN 37243, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-6155320001
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids
The Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park will bring out the poet in you. Step into open manicured green and let the kids run around in sheer delight. It's grand yet modest. It's a versatile space, perfect for getting some green into your life. It's simply gorgeous. The Park is also a history lover’s paradise. There are some very unique spots for weddings and receptions. Celebrate with your loved ones and in the outdoor, serene and calming amphitheatre. The stunning view of the State Capitol Building is a backdrop for tourists who are photo happy.
The Bicentennial Mall features a number of design elements:
- It provides visitors with information on Tennessee history and its natural attractions and landmarks.
- Tennessee Map Plaza which is a 200-foot wide granite map which highlights the counties, rivers, and major roads.
- The Rivers of Tennessee Fountains feature 31 water fountain.
- Tennessee Amphitheatre, a 2000-seat terraced amphitheatre used for special events.
- Court of 3 Stars, a circular plaza made of red, white, and blue granite.
- Surrounding the plaza are 50 columns containing a 95-bell carillon.
- Topography of the Grand Divisions and featuring flora from across the state.
- The Civilian Conservation Corps Memorial.
- The park is perfect for picnics, running, playing with your dog, and they have events here all the time.
- The Mall is the Farmer’s market where you can pick up groceries and other items.
- There is a wonderful food court with a wide range of choice.
- You can rent a bicycle and ride around the park.
- The park is huge, so wear comfortable shoes.
- Ranger-led tours are offered every Wednesday at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- James Robertson Pkwy & 5th Ave N WB- Bus: 19, 22, 42, 60, 61
- James Robertson Pkwy & 8th Ave N WB- Bus: 19, 22, 42
- Quiznos Sandwich Restaurant: Sandwich
- Varallo’s Restaurant: Breakfast/ Lunch
- Jamaicaway Restaurant & Catering: Jamaican
- The Stock- Yard Restaurant: Steakhouse
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
18.34% of people who visit Nashville include Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
26.83% of people start their Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
82.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
Great walking and jogging park for individuals and families. Children and pets friendly. Plenty of shades and trees. Beautiful memorial sites. There is also a huge food court that sells variety of choices. Parking is free and there's always plenty of spots.
Nice place to stroll downtown and read about the history of Tennessee. Fascinating! The visitors center was closed they're only open Monday through Friday 8 or 8:30 til 4:30 but the ranger on duty still stamped my book for me.
Few steps away from the farmers market, where we bought our lunch & ice cream. Walk over to the park with the ice cream because these things were to big to finish, finally just toss the cone because I was just to full. The park was beautiful, I could see my boys liking this place, I jumped when the train came passing over Us, looking over to the capital, seeing it was Up hill we save that till another time, family friendly place, a spash pad for the kids & adults saw them enjoying there time, will be back with the family to Nashville & definitely be stop by here. :)
Wonderful place for history and great views. A wonderful walk for dogs, kids, the S/O, or even a nice stroll by yourself. Being so close to downtown, definitely worth a visit! (Also a wondering Pokemon Go spot!)
I just through Bicentennial Park every day at lunch. It is a wonderful place. I see couples walking, families having picnics, kids playing in the fountains. It's adjacent to the capital, the farmers market, and several museums and historical sites. It is the perfect place to start exploring Nashville or just relax for the afternoon.