Cheekwood Botanical Gardens And Museum Of Art988 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 1200 Forrest Park Dr, Nashville, TN 37205, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6153568000
- Ticket Price: 14 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
Wander around the gardens, undisturbed. Take refuge in the Japanese Garden which is almost as serene as a monastery. There are meandering streams, gentle rolling acres to cover, all memorable, healing and gorgeous. The Cheekwood Botanical Gardens & Museum of Art was formerly the residence of Nashville’s Cheek family. The artistic Georgian-style mansion was opened as a museum in 1960.
Cheekwood’s art collection is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.
- The core holdings include American and British decorative arts, and contemporary art.
- There is a collection of 600 paintings, and 5000 prints assembled to demonstrate the history of American art.
- The world’s largest collection of sculptures of William Edmondson.
- Photographs by Louise Dahl-Wolfe.
- A wide variety of post-Second World war prints.
- It has the third largest Worchester porcelain collection.
- There is a 650-piece silver collection, spanning the 18th-20th centuries.
Visitors to Cheekwood will enjoy many styles of garden design:
- The Robertson Ellis Colour Garden
- The Japanese Garden
- The Wills Perennial Garden
- The Martin Boxwood Garden
- The Howe Wildflower Garden
- The Burr Terrace Garden
- The Carell Dogwood Garden
- The Herb Study Garden
- The Turner Seasons Garden
Cheekwood Botanical Gardens And Museum Of Art Travel Tips
- Cheekwood operates a nick-knack shop, and a restaurant called the Pineapple Room.
- The Cheek Mansion is itself considered part of the collection.
- Cheekwood offers seven of its unique garden sites for weddings.
- There are four versatile venues perfect for receptions and rehearsal dinners.
- There is a little railroad with a toy train foe kids.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cheekwood Botanical Gardens And Museum Of Art
- Seniors- USD 12, Youth: USD 7.
- College Students with valid ID: USD 10.
- Entry is Free for the Children of age Two and under.
- 50% discount for military.
- Sperry's Restaurant: American, Seafood
- 360 Bistro: American
- Finezza Trattoria: Italian
- The Grilled Cheeserie: American
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.7% of people who visit Nashville include Cheekwood Botanical Gardens And Museum Of Art in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
93.79% of people start their Cheekwood Botanical Gardens And Museum Of Art visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cheekwood Botanical Gardens And Museum Of Art
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cheekwood Botanical Gardens And Museum Of Art
Cheekwood Botanical Gardens And Museum Of Art Reviews & Ratings
We had a good time spending a cool, Fall Saturday walking around Cheekwood. They had fall decorations out, including two pumpkin houses and a decorated archway walk. The mansion is open to walk around and has a fine art gallery upstairs. While we enjoyed our visit, we found it to be a little too pricey for a one-day admission for our family. There was also a lot of construction going on at the time.
Beautiful grounds and gardens. The mansion was spectacular. Although we didn't get to see all of the gardens because of a downpour we still enjoyed what we did see. Can't wait to go back again. The staff was very informative and a very nice employee drove us back to our car on the carts because we were parked a long way and it was pouring rain. Thanks for the great southern hospitality!!
Loved the house and gardens! Especially the special pumpkin house and train exhibits they had set up! It would have been nice to have a guided tour of the house but that might have been a different admissions fee. The self guided tour was still nice though.
I love Cheekwood. I have been going since I was a child. The grounds are very nice to walk around. If you are a plant nut like me, you will enjoy the diversity of plantings. If you are into art, plenty for you as well.
We usually love our visits to Cheekwood but when we went last Friday there was a lot of construction occurring. The usually peaceful gardens were anything but! I think Cheekwood should offer reduced entry prices if they are in a period of heavy construction, as for two of us, this cost $45.
Are small dogs welcome?Answer Report Abuse
Only service animals are allowed at the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens And Museum Of Art. So, I don't think small dogs will be welcomed here. You may confirm by calling them at 1 615-356-8000.Report Abuse