Frist Centre For Visual Arts1335 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: 919 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6152443340
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Family And Kids
Art Lover’s paradise! Rejoice but do not touch the exhibits! In a casual attire, wander through this gallery which is built to inspire people through art. Frist Centre for Visual Arts displays high quality exhibitions for you. Educational programmes and outreach activities are all packaged neatly and presented to you.
Ever since its conception in April 2001, the gallery has hosted outstanding array of art. The charming Art Deco building is like a magnet for art from the district, the nation, and around the world. In the past, the exhibitions held were:
- Ceramist Sylvia Hyman held a major exhibition
- Carrie Mae Weems: Three Decades of Photography
- Brian Alfred: It's Already the End of the World
- Paintings by German Wassily Kandinsky, Max Beckmann, Ernst Ludwig Kirchner, and Franz Marc
- Steve Mumford’s War Journals
- Helen Pashgian: Light Invisible
- Sanctity Pictured: The Art of the Dominican and Franciscan Orders in Renaissance Italy
You will find various art prints, books, art supplies and pottery in their gift shop. Shop within your budget and come out smiling like a lark. If you feel like taking the weight off your feet, then the Frist Centre Cafe awaits you.
Frist Centre For Visual Arts Travel Tips
- Keep a distance of 18 inches from the art and No touching at any time.
- Photography is not allowed.
- Please do not talk on the cell phone or take pictures.
- Do not eat, drink or chew gum in the gallery.
- Large bags, umbrellas, back packs have to be checked in in the coat check area.
- Strollers are allowed but must be pushed by adults at all times.
- Do not carry children on shoulders and kids younger than 13 must be supervised.
Entrance Ticket Details For Frist Centre For Visual Arts
- Entry is Free for the Members.
- Entry fee for Visitors under Eighteen.
- College Students with ID: USD 9, Active Military- USD 7, Seniors- USD 9.
- Groups of 10 or more: USD 10.
- Admission is free for college students with school ID on Thursday and Friday evenings from 5:00 to 9:00 pm (with the exception of Frist Fridays).
- An iPod Audio Tour is available to purchase for USD 3.00 (Members free).
Frist Centre For Visual Arts Hours
- Martin ArtQuest closes at 5:30 pm
- Cafe opens at noon on Sunday.
How to Reach Frist Centre For Visual Arts
- Frist Centre EB Bus: 3, 5, 7, 17
- Demonbreun St & 10th Ave
- Prime 108: American
- The Flying Saucer: American
- The Standard: American
- Kayne Prime: American
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.91% of people who visit Nashville include Frist Centre For Visual Arts in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
76% of people start their Frist Centre For Visual Arts visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Frist Centre For Visual Arts
69% of people prefer walking in order to reach Frist Centre For Visual Arts