Lane Motor MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 702 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37210, United States, 37210
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6157427445
- Ticket Price: 9 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Automobile Museums , Social, Arts, Museums
The Lane Motor Museum is built with one criteria in mind: to impress car buffs! Jeff Lane was in his teens when he began restoring his 1955 MG TF. He then set about looking for classy vintage cars to add to his collection. In 2003 he established the Lane Motor Museum with his 70 vehicles. The museum is the former American Bread Company and many of the unique architectural details can still be seen.
Jeff Lane wants to preserve automotive history for future generation through his museum. The assembly includes:
- The largest collection of Czechoslovakian cars
- European automobiles of unusual or innovative design
- Propeller-driven vehicles
- Micro cars
- Three wheeled cars
- Amphibious vehicles
- Alternative fuel vehicles
- Military vehicles
- Competition cars
- One of a kind vehicles and prototypes
It is a working museum with the aim of preserving all vehicles in running order. Some cars are in showroom condition, while others characterise distinctive aging. Pains are taken to re-establish each vehicle to near-original specifications.
- There is a play area for kids.
- There is a strict no touching the exhibits policy.
- There is a covered parking.
- Go through their link on Fun FAQ’S, it’s very entertaining.
- Entery Fee for Members are Free.
- Seniors: USD 6, Youth: USD 3.
- Entry for the Children under five is Free.
- Murfreesboro Pike & Arlington Ave W
- Bus: 15
- Joey's House of Pizza: Pizza
- Tex's Bar B Q: BBQ
- Gabby's Burgers and Fries: American
- Etch: Eclectic
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.17% of people who visit Nashville include Lane Motor Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
61.82% of people start their Lane Motor Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Lane Motor Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lane Motor Museum
Great cheap place to go to in Nashville area. Nice set up of displays. Very informative. Wide variety of cars. Looks like they are expanding. Check out garage area too. Try scavenger hunt. Need at least 2 to 3 hours to really see it all. Make a stop to put in a pin for your hometown. Old pin maps on display. Stop in gift shop a must. Highly recommended.
Awesome collection of unique vehicles! My husband who has gone to MANY car museums/shows over the years says this one is the VERY BEST!! I'm not really into cars, but I enjoyed the museum A LOT!
Absolutely love going here. So many cool and unique cars. If you can, get the basement tour. There are as many or more cars down stairs that you usually don't see. Plus, our guide was incredibly knowledgeable about not only the cars, but the individual cars and how they got to the museum.
I love Lane Motor Museum! I've gone several times since they've been open and always enjoy it. Lots of unique cars, motorcycles and even bicycles. Stuff you just won't see anywhere else. If you're a car buff, you're going to love it.
Wonderful, interesting and unique. If you love cars, you will love this place. Featured on Jay Leno's Garage a couple times but has much more than he shows.