Nashville Public Library, Nashville
About Nashville Public Library, Nashville
Nashville Public Library, Nashville - Address, Phone Number
Address: 615 Church St, Nashville, TN 37219, United States
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 4.4K times in trip plans
Library, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Going to a library may not be on your itinerary as a tourist. But make it to the Nashville Public Library. It is simply gorgeous. A haven for avid readers. It will make you stop doing whatever it is you are doing and grab a book and read. The natural sunlight shining through gives this Library natural light and warmth. There are marble floors and stairs and a courtyard in the middle. The grand reading room is exquisite with copper relief panels above the book stacks. They depict history of Nashville. Admire the murals present in the hallways and on all three floors. There is a wonderful collection of books, and lots of art and historical photo exhibits. The courtyard has a fountain with bronze statues, next to the children’s area.
For all information about the library go through their web site. It has details of the following:
- Story Time
- Holiday Closures
- Art & Architecture at the Main Library
- Conference Centre & Meeting Rooms
- Art Gallery
- Building Map
- Computer Classroom
- Public Computers
- Public Internet
- Wireless Internet
- Multilingual Materials: Children's Division
- Group Study Rooms
- Copy Machines
- Book drop
Nashville Public Library Information
- Free parking is offered for the first ninety minutes in the Library Garage.
- The Nashville Public Library has many branches scattered around Davidson County so check online before you visit.
- There is a section just for teenagers, another for children and adults.
- There is a homeless shelter across the street, so expect some people to hang around the front doors.
How To reach Nashville Public Library by Public Transport
- 6th Ave N & Church St SB Bus: 3, 5, 7,17
- 7th Ave N & Church St SB Bus: 8
Restaurants Near Nashville Public Library
- Provence Bread & Cafe: Cafe
- Oak Bar: American
- Oscar’s Taco Shop: Mexican
- Morton’s the Steakhouse: American
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Nashville Public Library, Nashville Reviews - Write a Review
Besides being beautiful and huge, this library makes a point to have lots of varied, usable spaces. There are totally quiet spots as well as spots in more trafficked areas, and everywhere you go there are easily accessible outlets for your laptop and chargers. I also appreciate the rotating art exhibits on the second floor. A nice place to spend ten minutes or four hours. Also note that if you take your parking ticket in and stamp it, the first 1.5 hours in the attached library parking garage are free.
Best library system of 2017! The downtown branch is beautiful and has lots of great reading nooks. The kids section is also a big hit with puppet shows, story times, crafts, etc.
Awesome public library with a lot to offer for kids. My kids had a blast and we got to watch an old school puppet show which was cool. Will go again when visiting.
A beautiful building. We only used the children's area. It was amazing especially on a very hot day it was a great break. There was quite a bit of homeless population outside the building but they didn't seem threatening.
On behalf of Tennessee Women in Film I highly recommend the Nashville Public LIbrary.....the most amazing space to dive into literature, Search non fiction and congregate in the sanctuary that is the Nashvile Public Library> Easy to find, two hours of Free parking with validation. This is the best city library I have every had the. pleasure to be welcomed. There are always programs goiing on #nashville creative's day and side events in which to partake. THIS. IS A COMMUNITY SPACE..... All are welcome here. Go get lost in a book today. Thank you leaders and staff of the library. You are outstanding.
- Nearby Attractions
- Ajora Kitchen
- 3350 Burks Spring Rd
- Nashville Crossroads
- 616 Boscobel St
- Rocket Fizz Nashville
- Best Western Suites Near Opryland
- The Idea Hatchery
- 272 Wallace Rd
- The Frist Center For The Visual Arts
- 1511 Elmwood Ave
- Nashville Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nashville
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nashville
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nashville
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nashville
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nashville
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nashville