Nashville Zoo1364 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 3777 Nolensville Pike, Nashville, TN 37211, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6158331534
- Ticket Price: 15 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Watch National Geographic to learn more about the animal kingdom. Better still choose an animal to study about from the Nashville Zoo. Some of the best days to visit are warm days in the winter. Through dazzling sunlight watch meerkats pop out of their enclosure. In the shimmering curtain of warmth, the ostrich, eland, bontebok, and kangaroos will catch your attention. The tigers, clouded leopards, cougars and elephants come out later in the day when it warms up.
The Nashville Zoo at Grassmere was founded in 1996. It was the result of a merger between two competing facilities, The Nashville Zoo and Grassmere Wildlife Park.
Exhibits at the Zoo are:
- Gibbon Island which has white cheeked gibbons and siamangs.
- The Elephant Savana with Masai giraffes, reticulated giraffes, African elephants and red river hogs.
- The Unseen New World is an indoor exhibit with reptiles, amphibians, fish, insects and bats.
- The Bamboo Trail featuring the red panda, clouded leopards, rhinoceros hornbill, cassowary, red ruffed lemur, and ring-tailed lemurs.
- Flamingo Lagoon.
- Kangaroo Kickabout exhibiting red kangaroo and the sulphur crested cockatoo.
- There is a vast array of slides, cargo netting, swings and climbing structures for children.
Nashville Zoo Travel Tips
- Strollers and wheelchair friendly, check online for pricing.
- They will ask to hold a photo ID for collateral, if you are renting their equipment.
- Tokens can be purchased for other attractions.
- They have military discounts, group and school discounts.
Entrance Ticket Details For Nashville Zoo
- Seniors (65+) : USD 13, Children (2 - 12) : USD 10.
- Entry is Free for the Children under Two years.
- Entry for Nashville Zoo Members are Free.
- Parking for members are Free.
- Non-Members: USD 5 per vehicle.
Nashville Zoo Hours
- Inclement weather may cause an unannounced closing for the safety of their guests and animals.
- Erbil Kabab: Mediterranean
- Guantanamera Restaurant: Cuban
- Norman Couser Country Cooking: American, Diner
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
28.99% of people who visit Nashville include Nashville Zoo in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
52.85% of people start their Nashville Zoo visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Nashville Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nashville Zoo
Nashville Zoo Reviews & Ratings
Are handicapped scooters allowed in the zoo?Answer Report Abuse
Yes. Electric scooters are available on rent at the zoo entrance on a first-come-first-serve basis or you can also bring personal wheelchairs.Report Abuse
Are small dogs welcome?Answer Report Abuse
Only service animals are allowed at the Nashville Zoo. So, small dogs won't be allowed at the zoo grounds or the parking lot.Report Abuse
What is the price of your membership for the Nashville Zoo?Answer Report Abuse
The membership cost of Nashville Zoo is 65 USD per adult. To know the cost of multiple level memberships, you must visit their official website. You may even call the officials on 615-833-1534 X133 and ask about it.Report Abuse