Ryman Auditorium4100 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 116 5th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37219, United States, 37219 Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-6158893060
- Fax: +1-5042771862
- Ticket Price: 40 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Observatory, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Social, Entertainment, Music And Show Venues
Ryman Auditorium is the home of the Grand Ole Opry. It is owned and run by Ryman Hospitality Properties. The auditorium tells an extraordinary story of unparalleled entertainment history. Thomas G. Ryman found redemption in evangelist Reverend Sam Jones. To honour the reverend and his words, Thomas builds a great tabernacle for him.
Thomas Ryman was a river boat captain and businessman and owned several saloons. Architect Hugh Cathcart Thompson designed the building keeping in mind why he was constructing this. The Grand Ole Opry was open for broadcasts from 1943 until 1974. After this the Opry built a larger venue at the Opryland USA theme park. Though the Opry moved, fans still visited the Ryman Auditorium to see the famous stage. Major motion pictures were filmed on location at the auditorium. Visitors find themselves sitting in pews which is a reminder of how it was as a house of worship.
A visit to the Ryman Auditorium will tell you why so many performers were attracted to this place throughout history. It is a well-seasoned hall like an antique instrument, with perfection resonating within. The Ryman’s acoustics are the finest in the world. It is home to all genres of musicians.
Ryman Auditorium Travel Tips
- The staff is helpful and knowledgeable.
- There is a small gift shop that is well stocked well priced.
- The seats may get uncomfortable during shows, as they are hard.
- Not every seat has a clear view of the stage due to support columns.
- There are several buses that are on US Hwy 70, close to Ryman Auditorium.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ryman Auditorium
- Tours are till 4pm.
- Some shows end at 7.30pm and 8pm.
- They are closed during winter.
Ryman Auditorium Hours
- Level 2: USD 34.50 and Level 3: USD 27.50.
How to Reach Ryman Auditorium
- Bus: 1, 25, 27, 34, 61 stop at Ave 7 Broadway Ave SB.
- Rippy’s Bar & Grill: Barbecue, Beer
- Joe’s Crab Shack: Seafood
- Hard Rock Cafe: American
- Demos: Steakhouse, Spaghetti
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ryman Auditorium Address: 116 5th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37219, United States, 37219
- Ryman Auditorium Contact Number: +1-6158893060
- Ryman Auditorium Timing: 24-hrs
- Ryman Auditorium Price: 40 USD
- Best time to visit Ryman Auditorium(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Ryman Auditorium: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
76.52% of people who visit Nashville include Ryman Auditorium in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
31.91% of people start their Ryman Auditorium visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ryman Auditorium
54.02% of people prefer walking in order to reach Ryman Auditorium
People normally club together Bridgestone Arena and The Johnny Cash Museum while planning their visit to Ryman Auditorium.