Shelby Park104 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 11:00 pm]
- Address: Shelby Ave & S 20th St, Nashville, TN 37206, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 11:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6158628474
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Shelby Park is steeped with beauty. Rolling hills, developed trees, seedlings, and gentle running trails, makes this naturally pretty. The Sevier Lake adds to the charm of this place. It is meant for all ages and ideal for bird watching. Take a break from the city life and seek refuge at Shelby Park. Take an energetic walk, or run or simply bike along the many trails. Take a glimpse of the Cumberland River, and enjoy the open blue sky. Jog off some calories as you go through woods, and open pastures. Breathe in nature.
Every season brings new splendour to Shelby Park. Feed the ducks in the water or fish for a cook out. The tall trees provide shade and you can have a picnic with the kids. There are concession stands which sell burgers during ball season. You can always bring your ingredients and cook yourself a meal.
The highlights of the park are:
- River views
- Migratory birds
- Other wildlife viewing
- A fenced off leash dog park
- Adult and youth softball field
- Adult baseball field
- 9 and 18 hole golf course
- Casual fishing
- Cumberland River boat launch ramp
- Picnic shelters
- Shelby Park Community Centre
- Multi use course
Shelby Park Travel Tips
- Collecting of plant, fungi, wildlife, or other natural or historic items is prohibited.
- 20 MPH vehicle speed limit on park roads.
- Motorized vehicles and bicycles prohibited on primitive trails.
- Camping not permitted.
- Valid Tennessee fishing license required for fishing.
- No hunting or trapping.
- No alcohol, drugs, or firearms allowed in parks at any time.
- Lockeland Table: American
- I Dream of Weenie: Hotdogs
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.49% of people who visit Nashville include Shelby Park in their plan
33.33% of people start their Shelby Park visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Shelby Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shelby Park
Shelby Park Reviews & Ratings
We love Shelby Park!!!!!!!!!! The kids love playing at the Nature Playground, and built a cool stick fort. The bike trail is also very fun. We're definitely coming again!!
Excellent park for walking the dog. very well kept. Many different trails to walk.
The place to go for a relaxing day: go fishing, picnicking, biking, tennis, golf, rugby, catch, strolling around the lake, playground for the kids, bird watching, etc.
Awesome place to feed ducks, hike, or take a jog
Great park to walk, run or just relax and watch the ducks.