Upper Room73 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 1908 Grand Avenue, Nashville, TN 37212, United States, 37212
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6153407200
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Community And Government, Religious, Churches
No matter how many times you visit the Upper Room, you will be in awe. Gaze at the gorgeous stained glass windows with depiction of people of faith. Imagine how their contributions have affected your life.
The stock market crash in 1929 was followed by the Great Depression. Frances Craig saw the comfort people found in short devotional readings. She urged her pastor Dr. Paul Kern to write short notes to encourage people to read the Bible. Later she and Dr. Emmons started the devotional project and the magazine was called The Upper Room.
The museum exhibits are:
- The Night of the Child, a collection of over 100 nativity scenes
- Renditions from papier-mâché
- Exquisite porcelains
- Carved wood and stone
- Natural dried seed pods all representing over 40 cultures around the world
- International Upper Room devotional language editions
- Special Lenten and Easter collection entitled Faces of the Passion of Christ
- This exhibit features 70 Ukrainian Eggs, bronze and wooden sculptures.
- Paintings telling the Passion story
- The Madonna and Child Gallery
- Life size Last Supper wood carving,
- 20 ft. stained glass window of Christian Fellowship and Pentecost theme
- International art and nativities
Upper Room Travel Tips
- A USD 4.00 donation is encouraged.
- Free car, bus and van parking.
- They have online bookstore and you can register online was well.
- There is a very nice and reasonably-priced gift shop and a garden to explore.
- You can watch a 14-minute movie about The Upper Room publication and the carving.
- Giovanni Ristorante: Italian
- Bound'ry: American, Seafood, South American
- South Street Original Crab Shack & Authentic Dive Bar: American, Seafood
- Music City Tippler: American, Eclectic, Pub
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.75% of people who visit Nashville include Upper Room in their plan
95% of people start their Upper Room visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Upper Room
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Upper Room
People normally also visit Aquarium Restaurant while planning their trip to Upper Room.
Upper Room Reviews & Ratings
This was a beautiful place. The gardens are so peaceful. Everyone was so friendly. May God bless your mission.
Extremly cool place with absolutely incredible historic pieces daring back hundreds of years. I couldn't find a great deal of information on on it but decided to go and take a chance. It was well worth the risk! Beautiful place, interesting pieces displayed very well so you can see up close. Loved the place.
A fantastic place to visit while in Nashville.
WOW! The video presentation prior to the start of our visit really helped us to understand what we would see. The Chapel is beautiful as was the prayer room and the outside Agape Garden. Another highlight is the Museum which I believe is a must view. I Highly Recommend a Visit to the Upper Room in Nashville, Tennessee.
Love the info of the Lord's Supper Table in the chapel! I found many Christmas gifts in the gift store!!