Upper Room73 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1908 Grand Avenue, Nashville, TN 37212, United States, 37212 Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6153407200
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Community And Government, Religious, Churches
No matter how many times you visit the Upper Room, you will be in awe. Gaze at the gorgeous stained glass windows with depiction of people of faith. Imagine how their contributions have affected your life.
The stock market crash in 1929 was followed by the Great Depression. Frances Craig saw the comfort people found in short devotional readings. She urged her pastor Dr. Paul Kern to write short notes to encourage people to read the Bible. Later she and Dr. Emmons started the devotional project and the magazine was called The Upper Room.
The museum exhibits are:
- The Night of the Child, a collection of over 100 nativity scenes
- Renditions from papier-mâché
- Exquisite porcelains
- Carved wood and stone
- Natural dried seed pods all representing over 40 cultures around the world
- International Upper Room devotional language editions
- Special Lenten and Easter collection entitled Faces of the Passion of Christ
- This exhibit features 70 Ukrainian Eggs, bronze and wooden sculptures.
- Paintings telling the Passion story
- The Madonna and Child Gallery
- Life size Last Supper wood carving,
- 20 ft. stained glass window of Christian Fellowship and Pentecost theme
- International art and nativities
Upper Room Travel Tips
- A USD 4.00 donation is encouraged.
- Free car, bus and van parking.
- They have online bookstore and you can register online was well.
- There is a very nice and reasonably-priced gift shop and a garden to explore.
- You can watch a 14-minute movie about The Upper Room publication and the carving.
- Giovanni Ristorante: Italian
- Bound'ry: American, Seafood, South American
- South Street Original Crab Shack & Authentic Dive Bar: American, Seafood
- Music City Tippler: American, Eclectic, Pub
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nashville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nashville and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Upper Room Address: 1908 Grand Avenue, Nashville, TN 37212, United States, 37212
- Upper Room Contact Number: +1-6153407200
- Upper Room Timing: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Time required to visit Upper Room: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.38% of people who visit Nashville include Upper Room in their plan
95% of people start their Upper Room visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Upper Room
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Upper Room
People normally also visit Aquarium Restaurant while planning their trip to Upper Room.