Events and Festivals in Nasik
- Makar Sankranti- Makarsankranti is a festival celebrated with sweets made of Jaggery, Sugar, peanuts and sesame. Greeting each other ‘Tilgulghya goad bola’, people forgive old quarrels and celebrate friendship.
- Shiv Jayanti- 19th February is the date when ShivajiMaharaj, the beloved Maratha king was born. Lot of recreational activities take place in the city.
- Nasik International Film Festival- NIFF is an important event in Nasik since 2009. It is celebrated to keep Dada Saheb Phalke’s vision alive. He was the pioneer of the Indian Film Industry.
- Shivaratri: The festival that worships Lord Shiva happens during this time. It is an occasion where all hindus fast and prepare a lot of delicious fasting food.
- Rama Navmi- The birth of Lord Rama is celebrated with feasts at temples and traditional Baby showers.
- Labour’s day- 1st May is Maharashtra Day and also Labour’s day.
- Eid- Rich processions, semolina and sweets create a festive atmosphere in the city.
- Rathyatra- A huge procession travels through the city on janmashtami in Nasik. Many young circles celebrate it by arranging Dahihandi.
August and September:
- Kumbh Mela- KumbhMela is celebrated every three years in India. It is one of the biggest religious events in the world and attracts around three to four million pilgrims.
- Ganeshostav- Small Ganesh idols are brought home and ten days of celebration ensues.
- Dassehra- ‘Apta’ leaves are gifted to each other as a symbol of spreading prosperity and happiness. Effigies of Ravan, the demon are burnt.
- Diwali- It is the main festival in Maharashtra; it’s a holiday season that families enjoy together by visiting relatives, going on picnics and with religious festivities.
- Christmas- Christmas is a joyous time in Nasik with lot of shopping and eating out.
- New Year’s Eve- New Year’s Eve is the time to cook up a feast and party with friends!
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Nasik
189 Views1 Daytrayambakeshwar , shridi , bhimashankar , singnapur , grishneshwarBy: Guest User
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Nasik
Save 26%test for order vendor
Duration: 45 Mins