Muktidham547 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Gayakhe Colony, Devlali, Nasik, Maharashtra, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple
Muktidham is a famous marble temple complex that was constructed to honour various Hindu Gods. It is visited by thousands of tourists and devotees and operates as a result of a private trust and donations by some wealthy industrialists.
The temple was constructed in 1971.
Features of the temple are:
- Home to 12 Jyotirlinga replicas which have been built according to the deities dimensions and then sent off to their respective pilgrimage destinations.
- A temple dedicated to Lord Krishna with painting depicting various scenes from his life (and Mahabharata) adorning the walls.
- Made from marble, Rajasthani sculptors were responsible for creating a beautiful edifice.
- Temple walls have inscriptions of 18 chapters from the Gita.
If you are visiting the complex, you can choose to stay overnight at the dharamshala which can accommodate close to 200 pilgrims.
Muktidham Travel Tips
- Cameras are allowed.
- Food available for purchase.
- Open on public holidays.
- Recommended time to visit is between October to March.
How to Reach Muktidham
- Buses and trains ply to the destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nasik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nasik and book an accommodation of your choice.
61.88% of people who visit Nasik include Muktidham in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
41.94% of people start their Muktidham visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Muktidham
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Muktidham