About Ramkund, Nasik
Ramkund, Nasik - Address
Address: Ramkund, Nasik, Maharashtra
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.2K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Lake
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Ramkund area in Nasik is one of the popular areas owing to the presence of a number of temples in the vicinity. Therefore, the area is visited by throngs of devotees throughout the year. During the Kumbh Mela, the famous Kumbh Snan/Bath happens here.
The Ramkund Tank is one of the main highlights in the area and was constructed around 300 years back. The pious tank is spans a massive area of 27m by 12m. It is believed that Lord Ram and his wife Sita bathed in the tank every morning during their exile here. Hindus scatter the ashes of a dead person in this tank in order for the soul to attain moksha or liberation. In fact, Indira Gandhi's and Rajiv Gandhi’s ashes were immersed here too.
- Food is available for purchase.
- Camera is allowed.
- Do not carry valuables.
- Drink plenty of water.
Ramkund Opening and Closing Hours
- Best time to visit is during sunset.
- Recommended time to visit between October to March.
How To reach Ramkund by Public Transport
- Buses ply to the destinations.
- Trains are available.
- Taxis also ply.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nasik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nasik and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ramkund, Nasik Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Sai Baba Temple
- Udupi Spice Express
- Sadhana Restaurant (chulivarchi Misal Pav)
- Shri Swami Samartha Seva Kendra
- Sula Domaine Dindori Winery
- Four Seasons Winery
- Hotel Hi 5
- Grover Zampa Vineyards
- Panchavati Elite Inn
- Nasik Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nasik
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nasik
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nasik
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nasik
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nasik
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nasik