- Address: Ramkund, Nasik, Maharashtra, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Lake
Ramkund - Review
The Ramkund area in Nasik is one of the popular areas owing to the presence of a number of temples in the vicinity. Therefore, the area is visited by throngs of devotees throughout the year. During the Kumbh Mela, the famous Kumbh Snan/Bath happens here.
The Ramkund Tank is one of the main highlights in the area and was constructed around 300 years back. The pious tank is spans a massive area of 27m by 12m. It is believed that Lord Ram and his wife Sita bathed in the tank every morning during their exile here. Hindus scatter the ashes of a dead person in this tank in order for the soul to attain moksha or liberation. In fact, Indira Gandhi's and Rajiv Gandhi’s ashes were immersed here too.
- Food is available for purchase.
- Camera is allowed.
- Do not carry valuables.
- Drink plenty of water.
Ramkund Opening and Closing Hours
- Best time to visit is during sunset.
- Recommended time to visit between October to March.
How To reach Ramkund by Public Transport
- Buses ply to the destinations.
- Trains are available.
- Taxis also ply.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nasik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nasik and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ramkund
95% of people who visit Nasik include Ramkund in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
27.36% of people start their Ramkund visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ramkund
87.45% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ramkund
Ramkund, Nasik Reviews
- Comune Di Borgiallo
- Jackpot Stars Casino
- Museo Della Moda E Del Costume
- Parrocchia S. Filippo Neri
- Le Cinema Videoclub Di Arcaini Sabrina
- Parrocchia Dei Santi Zeno E Rocco
- Lazzarini Andreina
- Fondazione Giacomini Meo Fiorot Onlus Musei Mazzucchelli
- Museo Della Donna
- Biblioteca Comunale Franca Meo
- Parrocchia S. Maria Assunta
- Casa Di Riposo St. Josef
- New Italgiochi 2 SRL
- Oasi Naturale Valle Della Caccia