Blue Lagoon IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Salt Cay, Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas Map
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, View Point, Family And Kids
The gorgeous Blue Lagoon Island beckons all beach lovers to take some time off and truly feel one with the Caribbean vibe. What truly makes this place special is the sheer variety of activities you can do here. Take a relaxed cruise, interact with Dolphins or simply go snorkelling and diving to explore the depths of pristine Bahamian waters.
Before the 19th century, the island was known as ‘Salt Clay’ and was where Pirates would come to get salt that would be used to preserve their food while private cruisers would come here to rest until they got permission to enter Nassau. Since 1875, the island was owned by a number of Royal members and palm trees were planted that would become home to imported animals- creating a natural Zoo area.
However, during the Second world war, the place was used to train British and American underwater demolition squads. Much of the Island’s present day geography is a result of the 1991 storm that cut the Island in half at its northern side where a bridge was built. Today, the lagoon island leaves it crazy history and embraces its transformation into one of the most loved tourist attractions and nature spots in Nassau.
Blue Lagoon Island Travel Tips
- Carry a swimsuit and anything else that you might need during the tour.
Entrance Ticket Details For Blue Lagoon Island
- Prices of tours vary. For more information, visit the official website
Blue Lagoon Island Hours
- Timings of tours vary. For more information, visit the official website.
- Recommended time of arrival: 8.00 am – 9.00 am
How to Reach Blue Lagoon Island
- Ferry terminal: Tours are arranged that include the ferry to the island.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nassau before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nassau and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Blue Lagoon Island Address: Salt Cay, Nassau, New Providence Island, Bahamas
- Time required to visit Blue Lagoon Island: 08:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
7.93% of people who visit Nassau include Blue Lagoon Island in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
83.64% of people start their Blue Lagoon Island visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Blue Lagoon Island
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Blue Lagoon Island
People normally club together Queen's Staircase and Cabbage Beach while planning their visit to Blue Lagoon Island.
People also prefer to start their day with Blue Lagoon Island.
Blue Lagoon Island Reviews & Ratings
Are there things to do and see on Blue Lagoon Island without joining a tour or booking an adventure? Is it wheelchair accessible?Answer Report Abuse
Yes, the island is wheelchair accessible. You can enjoy activities like relaxing on the beach, watching the dolphins and sea lions and swimming apart from the tours and adventures.Report Abuse