Nassau Public Library2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Shirley Street & Parliament Square, Nassau & Paradise Island, Bahamas Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2423224907
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Family And Kids
The Nassau Public Library and Museum is one of the top 5 libraries in the Bahamas. Originally constructed to serve as a colonial jail, the library dates back to the 18th century and still remains to be one of the most interesting historic buildings in the city. The library was also the first to be built at the Parliament Square.
The inspiration for the library comes from Old Powder Magazine in Virginia that was built to store ammunition. Do observe the unique octagonal shape of the building- a highlight in itself. Today, the prison cells of the buildings are occupied by historic documents, books, charts, newspapers, Arawak articles and has some of the best technological advancement and research papers in the city! If you are a book worm, the place guarantees a busy visit!
Nassau Public Library Travel Tips
- Other Contact: +1 2423285029
- Closed in holidays.
- Admission to the place is Free.
How to Reach Nassau Public Library
- By Ferry Terminal: P.I.F.T, Atlantis Bridge (1.6 kilometers away).
- By Taking a Jitney (minibus)
- By Taxi
- By Renting a Car/ Scooter/ Bike.
- On Foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nassau before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nassau and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Nassau Public Library Address: Shirley Street & Parliament Square, Nassau & Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Nassau Public Library Contact Number: +1-2423224907
- Nassau Public Library Timing: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Best time to visit Nassau Public Library(preferred time): 10:30 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Nassau Public Library: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.21% of people who visit Nassau include Nassau Public Library in their plan
50% of people start their Nassau Public Library visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Nassau Public Library
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nassau Public Library
People normally club together Junkanoo World and Crystal Palace Casino while planning their visit to Nassau Public Library.