How to Reach Nassau
How to reach Nassau
HOW TO GET TO NASSAU
- By Air: Nassau is home to the largest airport in the Bahamas, the Lynden Pindling International Airport. Most of the major USA airlines serve Bahamas on a consistent, regular basis. There are limited services from London and Toronto too. Air charter companies like Monarch Air Group, Jetset Charter' and Mercury Jets serve Nassau.
- By Sea: Owing to the fact that Bahamas is a popular cruise destination, there are several cruises that help you get to Nassau.
HOW TO GET AROUND NASSAU
- By Water taxi: From the downtown, you can board taxis to popular attractions in Nassau, like the Paradise Island. These leave from under the bridge in downtown.
- By Minibus: Minibuses or jitneys dominate the bus network in Nassau. You can board most of these from the Bay Street. Jitney number 10 is the most popular one for giving a tour of all the major attractions in Nassau. It is inexpensive and a great way to enjoy local culture.
- By Taxi: Taxis in the form of minivans are pretty evident all through the city with their characteristic gothic font of ‘taxi’ and of course a yellow number plate.
- By Car: In Nassau, cars drive on the left side of the road. Right hand driving cars can be rented here.
- By Scooter: One of the best ways to get around Nassau, pick a scooter from a local rental and get going.
- On Foot: A pleasant way to explore Nassau’s downtown, walking on foot is the way to go.
Modes of Transportation in Nassau
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Nassau. The most preferred mode of transport in Nassau is Car.
Average distance: 10.46 km Average time: 28 min
Car 75%Driving 25.67 min Overall average time for 12.34 kms 25.67 min
Walking 25%Walking 25 min Driving 10 min Overall average time for 4.83 kms 35 min