Natal is the best place you can visit if you’re looking for a Brazilian beach town holiday. With beaches a dime a dozen, a happening night life scene and year round sunshine, you’ll have to come up with a really good reason to not visit Natal. Rightly referred to as the city made up of sand, it’s difficult to escape the grains of it wherever you travel in the city.
There is a cultural side to Natal too, which can be very rewarding if you take the effort to discover it. The Forte dos Reis Magos is an important moment in the history of the city and beautiful landmark standing at the tip of the reef of Natal’s peninsula; The Museu Camara Cascudo is a comprehensive museum that tells you everything you need to know about the state of Rio Grande do Norte while the Alberto Maranhao Theatre is a brilliant piece of architecture.
Essential travel information and Natal tips for your visit
- Safety is not Natal’s strongest virtue. Exercise a little more than necessary caution.
- Keep an eye on your belongings; pickpockets are rampant and petty thievery is common.
- Carry just enough cash for the day and avoid carrying any flashy stuff that might attract unwanted attention.
- Once you’re back in the hotel for the night, try not to step out. Certain areas of Natal are known for drugs and gang violence.
- Solicitation is frowned upon in Natal. Being a border area, human trafficking is common here. In case you’re approached by anyone, politely turn them down and be on your way.
Natal Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Natal. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Natal trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Natal
Save 7%Pipa 4WD Off-Road TourNew on TripHobo
Save 10%Natal City and the Southcoast Tour
7 Hrs1 Reviews
Save 10%Shared Shuttle between Natal Airport and Pipa HotelsNew on TripHobo
Save 7%3-Hour Guided Biking and Hiking Tour of PipaNew on TripHobo
2 Hrs 40 Mins
Save 10%Pipa Beach from NatalNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Tour de Buggy pelo Litoral Norte - Genipabu by Marazul ReceptivoNew on TripHobo