Imagine standing 70 feet above the sea, wind on your skin and sun in your eyes. You look below at the dazzling, glittering water, bend a little and jump! No, this isn’t for the faint of heart! Negril’s Cliffs are a stunning collection of rock formations that were famously immortalized in the James Bond classic ‘Thunderball’.
Situated south of Negril, at the West End, these towering limestone cliffs are accessible through the numerous restaurants in the surrounding area. This is also where most of the more private resorts are located. Nature lovers will adore the stunning views the cliffs provide, with all of the area framed with blue sea and blue sky. You can enjoy the view of the sea from atop, or live vicariously through some of the experienced local divers who make graceful jumps to the delight of sight seers. If you’re brave enough, you can make the leap yourself. Once you’re in the water, locals will guide you to the caves, which will make for a very cool experience. The sight and the caves are for free but get ready to be asked for generous donations by the local ‘life guards’. You can also view the cliffs by taking a boat cruise, which is a popular though expensive option, as you’ll get the chance to go diving and snorkelling. A variety of animals thrive in these waters, such as nurse sharks, rays, octopus, cuttlefish and lobster.
- Spend a day by the sea, explore the beach, eat delicious fried chicken and sip on cold cocktails with these beautiful cliffs serving as a picturesque background.
- Re-live some 007 moments, while suavely spending some time lounging in the sun. If you’re lucky, you might spot the blue-grey backs of swimming dolphins as the orange sun sets in the distance.
Whether you’re an active thrill seeker, a nature explorer or just want to relax and watch divers doing what they do best, Negril Cliffs is a must see.
Negril Cliff Travel Tips
- Remember to take your swimsuit.
- The attraction is free but if you take a jump, the locals will insist on a donation. If you want to watch one of them dive, they’ll insist on tips for that as well. So do be ready with tips.
Negril Cliff Hours
- The recommended time to visit is at Sunset.
How to Reach Negril Cliff
- Red taxis are the most convenient modes of transport in Negril.
- Xtabi Restaurant (International)
- 3 Dives Restaurant (Jamaican)
- Pushcart Restaurant &Bar (Rum bar, seafood, Jamaican)
- Ciao Jamaica (Caribbean, Italian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Negril before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Negril and book an accommodation of your choice.
87.73% of people who visit Negril include Negril Cliff in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
25% of people start their Negril Cliff visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Negril Cliff
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Negril Cliff